The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Change Rising (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Here is a nice little explanation of change rising and a clip from the film Paper Moon.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xHlU7si5ws
corsufle
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of corsufle
Thanks for posting this with commentary. It is both educational and entertaining.
Who is the Fool with the guitar?
Find out at HobbyhorseMusic.com
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think you'll find that it's actually called "change raising", not change rising.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've also heard of being called change upping, short changing (which is it isn't) and double downing. It goes by a hundred names. I prefer change rising. Just like the sound of it. Smile

Scams and scam terminology tend to change from area to area and era to era. For example, I'm yet to met a three card monte mob that actually use most the terms made popular by Maurer and Scarne.

But a quick google shows me that change raising is definately the more popular term...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Change Rising (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL