The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » What's it called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
198 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hi guys,
There's a flourish/trick that is done with one hand. It's when the magician extends his hand palm facing the audience and then with a gentle wave the cards appear from behind his hand, he fans them, drops them, and does it again and again. I it's a back palm and that the cards aren't ordinary playing cards. they seem to be a gloss finish and smaller in size. Can anyone direct me to the name of the cards and the name of the trick/flourish?

Thank You,
Dany Baronian
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I believe this is simply called back palm productions. The techniques (which require a lot of practice!) are taught on Jeff McBrides "Art of card manipulations" DVDs.

He also teaches how to break in a normal pack of cards to facilitate the technique. I believe you can get special cards which are thinner and often have a pink back design to hide the edges when when in back palm.

I've just found these:

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=4426

Mark
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
198 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Thank you Mark,
I just found that out at the Magic Castle today. I also saw Jeff breaking in the deck. Looking forward to mastering it.

Thanks Again,
Dany Baronian
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » What's it called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL