The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » NONAME NOPATTER (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Just fooling around with some ideas. Yup.... there is no patter and I can't find a name for this quick routine. So I call it NONAME NOPATTER for now!

http://www.vimeo.com/8223614

Have fun!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
manreb
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of manreb
Very nice my friend. Sometime silence, no patter, is golden.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Too cool... stuff I wish I could do... but I don't have anything to play music!!!!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Another amazing routine by the Boss!!!
I am silenced just by watching it Smile

I like the name Smile

Keep em coming

Happy Holidays

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Rannie
Great job. it looks good. I PM you.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I love it. Rannie, thanks for sharing this.
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
Genius!
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
VERY nice!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I always like Rannie's work, he mades separate moves in a continuous succesion of events, creativity and skills (I agree with Pete, I wish I could do that)
The first move, the plucking of coins from mid air and the gadabouts coin of the end (I think this is the move) are the greatest moment of the routine for me.

I have to comeback to Manila and have dinner with Rannie so I can learn at least one of the moves.
BTW: I still working on your DVD Hand size does not matter,great magic on it, very recommended.

Pablo
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Try to imagine spending a few days with Rannie and every time you think you've seen something truly amazing and that it just can't get any better or more magical.............. BLAMMO! He pulls out yet another from his seemingly bottomless bag of tricks!

I've actually seen him fiddle with some coins for a few mins. and then he says "Hey Mick, whatta ya think of this" and he shows what appears to be a polished and finished routine and yet I know it's still in the early stages! A talent I can only dream of!

Pure eye candy mi Hermano, muy bien as always!

MMc
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Hey Rannie,

Great routine. I don't think it needs the feint in the middle, in fact it may raise more questions than it answers. Think about it and let me know how you feel.
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
Absolutely amazing. Your work is always a pleasure to watch. Beautiful and magical. thanks for sharing.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Nice.. and great production at the end. And I like the feint – but maybe only for magicians...!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Beautiful stuff as always! I really dig the drum cadence too.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The first event appears to be that you put three coins intot your hands, and then there are two. Nothing happens to signal that any magic has taken place... you just show that there are only two coins.

I would recommend studying the work of Michael Skinner, master of "the pregnant pause." The magic is always stronger if the audience has some idea of the moment the magic happens.

The second effect is confusing:
1. Show one coin at the fingertips of each hand
2. Put left hand's coin into right hand.
3. Transfer the visible coin from the right hand to the left hand.
4. Show that you really did put the left hand coin into the right hand.
5. Hit the (now) right hand coin with the (now) left hand coin.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 (which puts the coins where they were in the first place...?)
7. Show that one of the coins has vanished

I've seen other videos of your work. I don't think this measures up. And not to be too harsh, but I don't think it's got much potential either.

The only part I'd recommend that you keep is the three coins gone and back in a fan, which looks only OK to the camera, but which I'm certain would play very well to eyes that are a bit less unforgiving... It wouldn't take much attention direction to make that quite magicial.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you gentlemen!

Kirk bring up a great point regarding the feint. Here is what I had in mind...
While it is in fact a feint... It was not intended to be one. It is what I would call an incidental feint. My motivation was actually simply to break the rhythm and maximize the current position of the coins. This second phase was followed by a direct vanish.. almost. I was hoping that the third vanish would erase any suspicions or questions.

Having said that... I will continue to work on it and consider Kirk's input. For those who knows me well enough... This little number is sure to go through many versions.

Once again, thank you Kirk and all you kind folks! I hope this sparks some ideas that you may use in your coin magic.

Happy Holidays!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
As always, up to your usual standard! Like Ryder, I'm speechless!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2009-12-16 23:47, wsduncan wrote:
The first event appears to be that you put three coins intot your hands, and then there are two. Nothing happens to signal that any magic has taken place... you just show that there are only two coins.

I would recommend studying the work of Michael Skinner, master of "the pregnant pause." The magic is always stronger if the audience has some idea of the moment the magic happens.

The second effect is confusing:
1. Show one coin at the fingertips of each hand
2. Put left hand's coin into right hand.
3. Transfer the visible coin from the right hand to the left hand.
4. Show that you really did put the left hand coin into the right hand.
5. Hit the (now) right hand coin with the (now) left hand coin.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 (which puts the coins where they were in the first place...?)
7. Show that one of the coins has vanished

I've seen other videos of your work. I don't think this measures up. And not to be too harsh, but I don't think it's got much potential either.

The only part I'd recommend that you keep is the three coins gone and back in a fan, which looks only OK to the camera, but which I'm certain would play very well to eyes that are a bit less unforgiving... It wouldn't take much attention direction to make that quite magical.

Thank you! Everything you mentioned was valid and helpful! While I do have reasons for not giving the spectators an idea of what is to happen...I cannot contest what a master like Skinner wrote in his book. I will contest though with all respect that everything has potential. It is the way we are designed. Well...if the individual closes his doors on suggestions and improvements... even a thing of beauty will not reach its fullest potential. This is just the beginning. I hardly sleep.... yup this is just the tip. Thanks again Mr Duncan!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Amazing routine boss! I missed the Tavern sessions!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
That's what you call MARRIAGE Agaton! Ha ha ha! Hey ... Its a great thing. Its just another kind of magic! See you after the holidays! My Tavern is always open and you are welcome.

Once again I would like to thank all you guys for your kind words and great inputs! I look forward to improving this little routine. We are all in this together! With all the great suggestions, my sketch is starting to .... at least in my minds eyes, begin to look like a painting.

If you have a take on this or ideas... please feel free to post a video so we can all work on it! Who knows in the end it might even have a name!

Cheers and Mabuhay to all!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » NONAME NOPATTER (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL