The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jonathan Pendragon Update » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
http://charlottependragon.com/

Charlotte has her own website now. The first lady of magic. In the text you will not find anything about Jonathan. Good nor bad. I think a wise decission. 'The past is history' and she hopefully still earns a living with illusions. Wonder what will happen with Jonathan but I hope he gets another change...
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I noticed that she had an origami illusion for sale on facebook about a week ago...
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
To Fans & Friends of Jonathan Pendragon:

On February 7, 2010, Jonathan was informed that his father had passed away. He wanted to keep this private, but since he is considered a public figure, a lot of his fans would want to know this. He gave me permission to share this sad news with all of you.

In my next post, I will share some additional things about Jonathan that will be of interest to his fans.

Should any of you want to send a card, here again is his address.

Claude Yarbrough
San Luis Obispo County Jail
P.O. Box 15409
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406-5409
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
My deepest sympathies to Jonathan at this time of loss.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Pambalini
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Pambalini
AN OPEN MESSAGE TO JONATHAN'S FANS

The magic community needs to be commended for their support of Jonathan in one of his darkest hours. Not one letter he received indicated that battle lines were drawn. Most every letter contained a sympathic concern and well wishes for a amicable outcome with his wife. Due to prison rules and regulations, it would be impossible for Jonathan to answer everyone's letter. His privileges are restricted to so many outgoing letters per week and he has met that guota. He wants everyone to know that their letters have been a tremendous boost to his spirits and he welcomes anyone to write.

IN RE to his court appearance, we didn't think the time and date should be publicity revealed, mostly because he didn't want the proceedings to turn into a circus-like atmosphere. As soon as the proceedings are concluded, we will let everyone know the outcome...Good or Bad.
Pamela
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Just saw this on Itricks: Jonathan Pendragon plead no contest yesterday as part of a plea deal with authorities, according to the Santa Maria Times. Pendragon will be sentenced to a year in jail on April 13th and will serve his time at the San Luis Obispo County Jail, he will also serve up to five years of probation and is charged with two strikes on his record.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Jonathan Pendragon enters plea and will spend one year in jail. Apologizes to Charlotte in court: http://bit.ly/d49wwH
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
This is absolutely NONE of our business!
Ted L
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I guess I am glad that no everyone thinks of things the way you do. This is news about one of us and not only is it public record, it also lets us know about someone we hold in high regard in the magic community for his performances and tricks he has developed.

Now we may not agree with all his actions and life choices, but we won't necessarily turn our back on him and ignore him.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Do they say anthing about going into some type of treatment for the depression. I wish him a quick recovery!
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Jonathan Pendragon was released from Jail today and begins a 5 year felony probation. Get the complete info here: http://bit.ly/atVXAN
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That is good news for Jonathan. I got a note from him two weeks ago saying he expected to get out "soon", but I wasn't sure exactly what that meant. He has a long, long road for recovery ahead of him.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Best of luck to him!
MagicMatt12803
View Profile
New user
South Glens Falls, NY
11 Posts

Profile of MagicMatt12803
I met Jonathan and Charlotte Pendragon a few years ago at Hank Lee's Magic Conclave in Cape Cod, MA. I found them both to be exctremely personable and generous with their time. We spoke for several minutes alone on technique and even shared a few favorite effects with one another. I have always been a great fan of the Pendragons and have seen them perform live on several occasions. I just find this whole story to be such a sad tragedy.

While I certainly don't condone this type of behavior I can absolutely understand what it is like being pushed to the limits of sanity when it comes to relationships. I know Jonathan must have been in a terrible place and I refuse to pass judgment on him. I just pray he and Charlotte are both able to put this behind them and move forward, wherever that may take them.

It's sad when bad things happen to good people. My prayers and thoughts of encouragement are sent to both Jonathan and Charlotte.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
I just hope the courts have evaluated Jonathan thourougly and are sure he is not still a threat to Charlotte. Time will tell. Good luck to Charlotte.
Bill Smith
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bill Smith
I spoke with Jonathan yesterday and he told me he is booked at The Magic
Castle in the Parlour July 5-11. He is working on some great new ideas!

Bill Smith
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I fear he will try to reconcile with her in loneliness blind sighted to the thorough ramifications of making contact. Too many years together and sole dependence on one another since teen years or at least post teen, young 20's. Way to much unity in all walks, including magic to try to move forward without a single word between them. Twenty five years looming over his head for just one phone call out of desperation.

I pray he can make it and I pray their lawyers can set up some communications that will ease any dangers of slips.

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
m_debrot
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of m_debrot
Jonathan Pendragon was in Kansas City tonight giving a lecture for local Magic enthusiasts and guests.I found his lecture to be informative,insightful and truly entertaining.The conversation afterwards was even more entertaining.

Mike
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It’s a shame it had to come to this. I remember talking to Jonathan about ten years ago at the Sporting House in Las Vegas. We were having a nice chat and his cell phone rang. On the other end was a screaming Charlotte. He was saying yes dear to her as she henpecked him. He couldn’t get a word in edgewise. I suspected they were having trouble for years and this was how they lived their lives. Both of them doing their own thing.

I’m not defending him because it’s sad that he had to snap and take action like this. We see the public persona of celebrities, but we don’t know the private life behind closed doors.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 01:58, m_debrot wrote:
I found his lecture to be informative,insightful and truly entertaining.The conversation afterwards was even more entertaining.

He's a clever guy! If anyone has seen the DVDs they released a couple of years ago, it's apparent he really analyzes an effect before doing it. I know he has worked with smaller routines over the years and I would imagine what he's doing now is just as great as any of his big illusions. Any lecture he gives would be worth the time and money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jonathan Pendragon Update » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL