The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First Public Performance.. Proud! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
I was having a xmas drink with work collegues, I never show my magic at work.. I like to keep a barrier of professinalism and so forth.

Though its never advised, doing your stuff under the influence of drink... They knew I dabbed in magic and asked to see stuff...

Funny enough I had a deck on me (I take a deck anywhere and everywhere..is that geeky?).

I performed my ACR routine, only a small one inc the classic pass and their reactions where like "WOW, GOD!!"
I thought I even messed up at one point but I soon became the highlight of the night.

It was only about 6 people watching but they was in a circle surrounding me and I pulled it off. I thought id never do something like that.. I feel quiet proud and even my confidence in performing as boosted.

Think I finally take your advice..get out there and just do it!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I never perform when I drink! Also I don't have card, coins any stuff when I go to a private party, event or only to have drinks wit my friend. When the alcohol do his effect the feeling to perform comes and I'm so happy the next day of have my pockets empty!
my best,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
Great input!

Luckily at the time it was only 1 cider in me.. So no effects.

The card pack I left in my suit jacket, so was kind of taken mistakenly... But still if I go out anywhere even with the Wife.. I take a packet of cards even if I don't use them (Which I don't.. as Im always too scared to perform LOL)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Congratulations, WazMeister. It feels good, doesn't it? Keep it up.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Good on you well done.

Its good to be able to tricks like that. Your now get people to ask to see another trick when your at the bar also in work at the water cooler. One trick worth learning is crazy man handcuffs and to add to this stargazer. I would stay away from using gimmick trick and I would do a bit more then just card tricks.

Watch doing magic at work can lead to I got asked to do few gigs at parties for colleges. Also check out Magic Friday .
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=175&113

And his new blog.
http://magicfriday.blogspot.com/

Take every chance to perform but only perform what your really comfy with also be sober.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Don't feel strange because you carry cards with you. I uaually wear cargo type pants and the extra leg pockets ate stuffed with effects like NFW, Bob Solari's Monte, Strange Travelers, Extreme Burn or Hand out 500,(and more) ALONG with TWO decks of cards, one red and one blue in my top jacket pockets!!!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Congrats! The first performance is, indeed, a reason to be proud... onwards!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Congratulations! I think you are hooked now. Welcome aboard!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Oh, yeah, now you’re hooked. It’s a good feeling, huh?

The thing about fear (anxiety, intimidation, shyness, nervousness, apprehension, worry, unease, timidity, tenseness…amazing how many ways we call it) the more you think about it the worse it gets.

“Just Do It” is the best all around advice for just about anything. Now you’ve done it. No turning back.

Congratulations!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Way to go!!! Wait till you start carrying Cups in your pockets.

Bruce
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congratulations!!! Now, you'll put on about 10 extra pounds when you leave the house and, NO, it won't be from all the holiday food you've been eating. It's all the magic you're now loaded down with in your pockets!!!

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First Public Performance.. Proud! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL