The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Some HD second dealing... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Need I be a "top-notch player-hustler-cheat" to say that unlike the old days, shiners are rarely used in money games?

Lighten up and you might learn something.
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
333 Posts

Profile of artwo
If they work, they work.

I think Arnold, the shiner goes on the dealing hand, not the deck hand. Then as you draw the card off the deck and deal it you can see the index.

Also, depends if you're left or right handed and where the index will be in relation to the fingers.

Good video, btw.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Arnold,
Why are you even bothering debating this tool?
BTW, I am having a hard time opening this video too!

Paul
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@Paul

Well, I enjoy to talk about every side of the art at cheating at cards. I agree that shiners are rarely in use nowadays, but in some cases you can meet a donkey trying to use it. As artwo says, why not when it works?

The main trouble I face when talking in this MC area is that many guys just think about Doc or professional card hustlers. But you don't have to make your living playing at cards to face cheats around your table! Nor you have to play $25K or $100K bankroll no limit games to watch good artists at works... The truth is that you can meet cheats everywhere.

I'm not a professional card cheat, I've never been one, I'll never be one. I've never said that what I've seen or what I know is the definitive truth nor of any interest. We're in a public place and everyone has the right to give his advice.

But I,ve played a lot and met many cheats. I think that guys bump into me once in a while for that, not being Steve Forte, Z or DocJon and giving my point of view nevertheless. I've got a rough style of speech too. But I just don't care that much because probably 90% of the guy making laugh about me have merely never played a single penny in their life Smile. Do they even know what a straddle is?

To give you just an idea about how I'm thinking, let's keep going with shiners. Of course you'll seldom see a shiner in a big private game with professional players and dealer! Who do you think I am? A fish having been instructed about Poker rules 1 day ago? But in some low class games chances exist you can see one once in a while. And that's what is of great interest to me. I don't care that much about huge mythical games with fairy fingers hustling a stupid Japanese millionaire (albeit cold deck, marked cards and hidden cams would be a better idea than a sleight of hand artist...). What I care is EVERYTHING about cheating. EVERYTHING. Low class techniques, clever ideas, stupid ones, electronic scams, poor style check stealing, high level sleight of hand technique, etc. I enjoy everything.

Then, I'm sorry for the pros if shiners are not in use in their cardrooms or clubs but when I see a donkey trying to see the indexes with his reflective card guard, I'm simply happy. Happy because I've learned a new stuff. And if someone ask me "have you ever seen shiners really in use?", I'll answer "yes. Once, in a funny 5/10 game, blablabla". No more, no less.

But people are too elitist sometimes Smile.

Happy hollydays to all.
900nm
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of 900nm
Thank you so much, here you go again !

Very nice gift for Xmas Arnie

xoxo
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Of course shiners are still in use, I'm not at all debating that. All I ever said is that they are much less used today when compared to 60+ years ago.

I get called a tool for merely correcting AMcD's statement about the popularity of the use of shiners in money games, to which he even agrees.

AMcD, you're right, there are elitists here.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1948 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 18:45, Maitre D wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 15:54, AMcD wrote:
Shiners are really in use.

You're at least 60 years too late on that statement. Shiners are very seldom used these days.

So how early would I be if I said seconds and bottoms are really in use?
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2491 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The downloads annoyed me but good work mate. was worth it
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Guys

I think we must have a talk about this "downloading" stuff.

What annoys you exactly? They're not that huge to download! There are 25 or 30 videos on my website and the biggest one is about 10MB. The average is about 4MB. It just takes a few seconds to download!!! Plus, you can easily save it on your computer to watch'em as many times as you please.

I don't really understand the trouble. Are you such in a hurry you just can't wait a few seconds? There are worse things in life I'm afraid...

What do you want, streaming? Is there any advantage of it? Fell free to give your opinions.
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
May be these guys have some browser plugin that plays the video directly in the browser ... so it might take time to download the video to a temporary place and play in in the browser.... if such is the case then please just right click and save the video to your computer and then you can view it from your pc...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Some HD second dealing... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL