The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The greatest guys on the Magic Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 12:29, Vick wrote:

Don't include me, I'm a nasty old so and so and plan to stay that way until our art returns to the stature it had circa 1865

but that's why we love you!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
One guy who I haven't seen in a while that whose posts I love to read are Paul Chosse's. This guy knows what he's talking about!!

Sean
mhend
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of mhend
Vick,
as a true contrarian and natural born skeptic, I appreciate your post very much. I recently held my first "performance" for some friends at our Christmas gathering. I was so nervous I was shaking (lol, I cant believe it when looking back on it!). most of what I did went really well, some of it was ok, and some of it stunk. I'd rather hear the truth in a constructive way than have a false impression of my potential or ability to perform. "iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another".
btw, don't take my compliment as blowing smoke up your dress! ;-)
"You should never, never doubt what no one is sure of." Willie Wonka
tnmagicgator
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
60 Posts

Profile of tnmagicgator
I've been a reader on the Café for almost two years but only recently began posting. The names that readily come to mind and "standout" would be: Bob Sanders, Levent, Pete Biro, Bill Palmer, Chris Lyle, Dick Hughes, wmhegbli, Hansel and a few others I can't recall right now. These folks are all willing to share info on a variety of topics, are walking enclyclopedias of magic history and magic's great performers from the past and technical assets beyond measure. Thanks to all of you and those who I've failed to mention. And a special thanks to "coolini" for starting this topic.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Quote:
On 2009-12-29 22:23, mhend wrote:
Vick,
as a true contrarian and natural born skeptic, I appreciate your post very much. I recently held my first "performance" for some friends at our Christmas gathering. I was so nervous I was shaking (lol, I cant believe it when looking back on it!). most of what I did went really well, some of it was ok, and some of it stunk. I'd rather hear the truth in a constructive way than have a false impression of my potential or ability to perform. "iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another".
btw, don't take my compliment as blowing smoke up your dress! ;-)

Thanks

Like I always say we all needed a place to be bad when we started. Know I did and I've had shows where I shook at the begining

If you learned something from it, made some people happy, shared something positive then it's all to the good

Sounds like you understood what you did well and where you can work to improve. That's huge, Congrats! You're on your way
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
This is a great topic. There is a long list of the people who have been a great asset to me on this forum. Some of the names that come to mind are Pete Biro, Bill Palmer, Whit Haydin, Mickey Painless, Lawrence O, Tim Feher,Jonathan Townsend, Hansel and The Goddfather. But I would like to give a special thanks to Rannie "the Boss" Raymundo for his direct influence and the assistance he has offered me over the last year. I would like to say thank you to all of these men for the great direction and advice they have offered so freely. Thank you.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
YES! Rannie is Great!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I rank Café members not only by expertise and the helpfulness of their posts but also by their willingness to help us lesser with PMs.

Does that change the ranking ? Not really, ALL the names listed here would be on the top of my list. If our Indian friend was not mentioned on this thread - I read quickly - I would like to add Ustaad.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
mgcpwrs
View Profile
New user
San Jose, CA
53 Posts

Profile of mgcpwrs
I always like Pete Biro's posts, and when I found out about the cups and balls museum -
emailed a funny intro line to Bill Palmer (during xmas vacation), he got back to me with
a witty response, a password and made my christmas brighter with the museum Smile
thanks
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Brad Burt is a great help. I'd love to see him as a Chef's Special. Whit Hayden has some very nice posts. Skip Way is always great. Payne often has good advice (if you haven't caught his video presentation on Jeff McBride's web site ( http://www.magicalwisdom.com/infopages/view/mm_talks ) then I highly recommend it.)

Ed
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 22:19, mgcpwrs wrote:
I always like Pete Biro's posts, and when I found out about the cups and balls museum -
emailed a funny intro line to Bill Palmer (during xmas vacation), he got back to me with
a witty response, a password and made my christmas brighter with the museum Smile
thanks

How right you are, Bill Palmer is tops, and deserves having been mentioned on this thread by most everyone. His humor is evident already in his photo - is it called avatar - and I have not given up the hope to see him as it seems he visits Germany every now and then which I also do.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
So far, Christopher Lyle has been very helpful to me, his posts have been both useful and inspiring for my ambition to one day turn pro. So thanks C!!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Nicholas,

Glad to hear that my thoughts and ramblings have been helpful to you...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The greatest guys on the Magic Café (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL