The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird question: Canned foods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
How long does canned food last? Would I be able to eat canned food from 30 yrs ago or could I get poisoned from it??

I thought this might be an interesting question to ponder. Smile

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Hmmmm, I don't think you could eat canned food from 30yrs ago because the material used in the can can (can you do the cancan I can do the cancan.... - sorry, got a bit sidetracked) seep into the food and make it unsafe. Not too sure about canned food these days though. I know I have got some in my cupboard that might make interesting experiments!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Old cans have lead in them....

Not Safe,

Lee
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
In 1978 I ate some canned bacon from a 1944 k-ration. It tasted alright and I lived to tell the tale.
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird question: Canned foods (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL