The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo President's Cabinet and Trisector - American or Canadian currency? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Does anyone know if these 2 Tenyo tricks can be done with US/Canadian currency?
I read somewhere that the President's Cabinet can only be done with Japanese yen but was wondering if the North American version of the trick could accommodate local currency.

For Trisector, I'm wondering the same thing about the currency options.

President's Cabinet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blG7HTE5X1s

Trisector:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWnByduLJZo

Thanks!
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I have Presidents Cabinet in the US dollars version but I haven't seen one for Canadian currency. Just check on-line sellers in the US for the dollars version. I know there are some on eBay. I'm not real familiar with current Canadian currency but the trick does sort of require a smallish image to work with, otherwise it won't look too good. It's a neat little trick, one of my favorite recent Tenyos. Very much in line with their older gimmicks.

Trisector can be modified to match most currencies and instructions for modification are included with the trick. Again, I've only seen the Japanese and US versions of this trick
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I have Presidents Cabinet in the US dollars version but I haven't seen one for Canadian currency. Just check on-line sellers in the US for the dollars version. I know there are some on eBay. I'm not real familiar with current Canadian currency but the trick does sort of require a smallish image to work with, otherwise it won't look too good. It's a neat little trick, one of my favorite recent Tenyos. Very much in line with their older gimmicks.

Trisector can be modified to match most currencies and instructions for modification are included with the trick. Again, I've only seen the Japanese and US versions of this trick
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Thanks a lot Mark, that helps! I think I'll pick up Trisector for starters and have since found some youtube links for that trick using other currencies like US and a "Canada-like bill". Seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBSoQsPOuU

So it does look like Trisector can be customized as you mentioned! What a great stage-type mini illusion.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
It's a good Tenyo trick and I think it will fool most people just based on how hard it is to figure the mechanics out. But I think it takes a little practice to do it smoothly. Also with all of the moving piece I find that you need to make sure the one you get works smoothly. Don't drop it like I did mine because it breaks easily.

A nice thing about the gimmick is that you can "modify" it with real currency. That makes is almost impossible for the viewer to see what is going on.

One thing... if you're going to modify it you need to be somewhat mechanically inclined and very patient or you'll break the prop. Though I assume most magicians have these traits. Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Somebody has a new President´s Cabinet that would like to trade or sell?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Roberto, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shop+tenyo+president%27s+cabinet

Ahh ... always wanted to do that, sorry, I'm sure you were aware of the dozens of shops who still have it in stock Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The eBay price is almost the same!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Thank you.....got it from ebay with a fair shipping cost ......this a great trick ......
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Went to look at it I seen it was sold. Come back here to see you got it good for you, that's like a last minute Christmas present, will be waiting to see your video of this.

Merry xmas Roberto

Richard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo President's Cabinet and Trisector - American or Canadian currency? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL