The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's "Outta Sight #7" In Psychic Sight Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Outta Sight is being released in the next few weeks. This was one of the most talked about effects from my recent lecture tour. A different handling on the tossed out deck that fooled many magicians, not only during the lecture tour, but at Mindvention as well. It was the best selling item on my lecture tour and totally sold out.

What makes this version different. The deck is examined and shuffled by anyone before it begins. The cards are freely shown to be different (no glued together cards). Once the deck is banded, the performer lifts up the various parts of the deck showing DIFFERENT CARDS as he explains what is to be done and how to peek at a card.When have you seen someone do that before?

The deck is tossed out and three people each peek at a card. Immediately and with NO FISHING, the performer correctly begins to divine each person's card correctly telling that person something about his card. Finally he names all three cards.

Those at my lecture can attest, this method floored the magicians in attendance and few had any idea as to how it was done until the secret was shown.

Here is a video from one of the lectures showing just how impossible this looks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17ryS8qpxw

Devin Knight
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
Looks like another winner from Devin Knight! I hope to buy this as soon as it's available.

Brian,
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
This is what I have been waiting for Devin. Thanks for the straight forward demo. Looking to adding this to my magic. Please let us know when we can get this?

Michael
Entertainer
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Will be out in less than 3 weeks, complete with deck and believe it or not the price is only $20.00!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Great, keep us posted!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Sounds amazing and what a deal at that. This is a must have for myself.
2010 looks like it is going to be a good year for magic.
Mike
Entertainer
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It is PRICED too low for the effect, but with the recession and dealers still having a rough time, I decided to keep it at $20 to keep it within the range of most performers. That is why my most recent release Dissolving Aces was only $10.00.

Those who know the method all think this is priced too low, but $20 is the price so take advantage of it.

Devin
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
That's nice of you Devin, and we all appreciate that!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Being released this week. I hope most of you will find it was worth the wait.

Devin
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
I'm definately going to be getting this!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Here is the updated official blog complete with the bonus effect:

OUTTA SIGHT by Devin Knight

This was one of the most talked about effects from Devin Knight's
recent lecture tour. A different handling for the tossed-out deck that
fooled many magicians.

What makes this version different? The deck is examined and shuffled
by a spectator before the effect begins. The cards are freely shown to
be different(no glued together cards)to the audience. Once the deck is
banded, the performer lifts up the various parts of the deck showing
the audience DIFFERENT CARDS as he explains how to peek at a card.

The SAME deck is tossed out and three people each peek at a card.
Immediately and with NO FISHING, the performer begins to divine each
person's card, correctly telling that person something
about his or her card. Read that again, you tell each person something about
the card, such as the value or color. Finally the performer correctly
names all three cards.

Those who saw Devin perform this can attest this method floored the
magicians in attendance, and few had any idea as to how it was done
until the secret was shown.

* ONLY ONE DECK IS USED
* NO SWITCHES!
* DECK IS ACTUALLY SHUFFLED BY A SPECTATOR AT THE BEGINNING

BONUS: UNGIMMICKED TOSSED-OUT. You will also learn how to do a
tossed-out deck using any regular deck. Yes even a borrowed deck. Toss
it out, let three people stand and peek at cards. You name the cards
and they sit down. A revolutionary method developed by the late Al Mann and Devin
Knight, based on a little known principle created by Ormond McGill. Do
it anytime you need to do a tossed-out deck routine and forgot to
bring yours.

COMPLETE WITH SPECIAL BICYCLE DECK AND DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Now this I will be getting. Thanks for the demo Devin, very entertaining. Really liked the location, too.
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
Just purchased this.Im really intrigued to see how the ungimmicked tossed-out deck works.By the way can the deck be used for other effects other than the tossed-out deck?

-Brian
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The tossed-deck can be used for other effects but none are explained in the directions. Many will find the ungimmicked version worth the price of the trick as the method is LITTLE known.

Devin

Quote:
On 2010-02-12 16:23, thoughtthief10 wrote:
Just purchased this.Im really intrigued to see how the ungimmicked tossed-out deck works.By the way can the deck be used for other effects other than the tossed-out deck?

-Brian
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I will definitely get this.

Devin's thinking is always FIRST CLASS!

Sidenote: I'm not sure I got which McGill original principle was, but if it's what I guess it is... You are giving away all the store for the price of a sample, so to speak!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
McGill's method is almost unknown. The basic idea was written up in the now defunct Hocus Pocus Magazine. He taught it in a few lectures he gave but that was back in the early 50s and most magicians don't remember it. Al Mann was lucky enough to know about the principle. We improved it, added some advance techniques and that is included as a bonus with my Outta Sight. Yes you really can do a tossed out deck routine using an ungimmicked deck with no duplicates. No fishing, you name the cards and they sit down. Probably only a handful of people even know the original McGill method and even if you do, you don't know the additions that Mann and I developed as they have never appeared in print and are being revealed for the first time in this release.

Devin
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Does the magician have to handle the cards between each spectator's peek?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
No, you don't have to handle the deck at all once it is tossed out. It can be tossed back to you after three cards are peeked at and you immediately put it in your pocket with out doing anything. I personally give the deck to other people, but they can toss it to anyone they like.

Devin
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Thoughttheif10 - you purchased it? Why can't I find this at any of the typical places that sells Devin's material? Where can I find this?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Hocus Pocus has it, in a few days, other dealers will have it. It arrives at Murphy's on Monday and then will be sent to other dealers.

Devin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's "Outta Sight #7" In Psychic Sight Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL