The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic For An Airline Company (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1181 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Anyone ever perform for a major airline company? I would like to customize the program and would love any ideas or previous experiences from other performers. I am interested in ANY ideas: jokes...funny stories...or specific tricks that would work well with this audience.

I appreciate any help anyone is willing to give.

Thanks,
Cody Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
A levitation would be in order Smile
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1181 Posts

If it was a snake it would have bit me...Thanks!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Imagine showing some boring plain food. But if you upgrade to first class...

As you pull out a champagne bottle or anything out of your dove pan...
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
You mean doing magic on a plane? Or..

Not quite sure what your getting at. Smile
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

"Normally I would make a plane disappear, but considering the state of the economy, I don't want to contribute to the unemployment rate." As you make a model airplane disappear. Smile
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I recently flew your competitor. They had two classes; first class and 'with children.' There were two meal choices, take it or leave it. Two kinds of luggage, carry on and lost.

Stuff like that. Have fun!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1181 Posts

GREAT ideas guys...I am using some of this stuff for sure! Just to be clear...this is for a program for airline executives...not magic to be performed on an actual airplane...my wording was a little confusing...

Cody

EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Feel free to make my compensation in the form of Cody Fisher products Smile
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Anything having to do with time. a card or bill trick. Imagine taking a $5, and changing it to a $100. Turn to the other side (changing it back) and showing it still as a $5. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't take in consideration of the time zone difference", or "Sorry, you know those pesky unexpected delays". Then change to to a $100 again.

"Time flies when you're having fun!" Borrow a watch and make it vanish via topit under the guise of throwing it in the air.

Card or bill in wallet - a good tie in for having to show proper and valid ID.
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 19:10, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
GREAT ideas guys...I am using some of this stuff for sure! Just to be clear...this is for a program for airline executives...not magic to be performed on an actual airplane...my wording was a little confusing...

Cody

Sorry, my misunderstanding.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

...if you use any small box:

"Do you know what this is? (wait for response) A lavatory!"

BTW, I don't think I've heard the term used anywhere else.

Ball over head can easily be referenced to the classic Twilight Zone episode staring William Shattner (who kept seeing a gremlin on the plane, that no one else saw). Your tribute to William Shattner Smile
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2728 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
And don't forget to set up the black box just in case something goes wrong.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Great idea Tom! What if you brought a tape recorder painted black and sat it next to your speaker and hit record?
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
I'd suggest doing some company research first... find out what the airline is known for being good at and highlight those things. If a plane recently went down, avoid the black box jokes.

Remember these guys are hiring you to perform and entertain, not remind them of the job they have. Perhaps design a mini jet vanish with a toy plane from walmart or target or something.

Get creative. If you have the budget a peppers ghost type vanish of a medium sized model plane would be fantastic!

J
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Research was a given considering Cody's post stated he is customizing the show. I see nothing wrong with presenting a parody of the job, but to each their own. I would assume the entire show will not be airline effects.

Cody, when IS the show?
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Do that trick where you stab a selected card in a paper bag, but use one of their barf bags.

Or how about a strait jacket type escape with one of their floatation vests.

Or show up late and blame it on the competitor.

Well, ok, that's the kind of stuff I'd do. just sayin'
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
How about a torn and restored boarding pass or a production of huge items from 'carry on luggage'? You can talk about how you've worked around the size limitation they have.

Remove your shoe and have a rock fall out.

Tell them they must turn off all electrical devices just before your show; then after the opening, tell them they can turn them on. Have them turn them off again, just before your closing.

If you do a prediction like Malloy's Master Prediction or something similar you can have fun with the executives selecting where they're going, what time they will be arriving (how late), how much of their luggage will arrive, where will most of their luggage show up, etc. Just some suggestions, but I'm sure it can be made a lot of fun.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1181 Posts

Ooooh barf bags...I like the sound of that!

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1181 Posts

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I have worked this airline in the past so I am very familiar with them as a company. Before I have simply done my show 'as is' However this time I have been asked to customize this a little in the hopes that they will be able to fly me all over to present this to various branches / offices...a really great opportunity. Once again I really appreciate all the ideas!

Cody

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic For An Airline Company (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL