The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Candy man! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey kind folks,

I've been bouncing around this idea and have most of it routined. I want to do a routine involving a bunch of candy, to the song the candy man. SO, I would show empty candy jars which would fill with candy (due to m*****R glasses), and a m****r box for a string of lollipops appearing, etc. I want to make 4 ropes of red licorice/red vines appear, and end it with a huge bag of candy or loose candy....

I know I'm not explaining this as I am visioning it, but I am between a gung-ho style box for the final load production or a tip over box kind of thing.

Any suggestions?

Pete
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Go for it. When envisioning a new act like this, I ignore the constraints of magic props (like Gung-Ho Boxes and Flip Over Boxes). Put the music on and perform imaginary magic with it (sort of like playing an air guitar, except you are pretending to do magic). After you know exactly what you want to make appear and disappear, transform, transpose, animate, and so on, THEN you can begin to explore HOW you will accomplish these things. Don't be afraid to imagine outside the boxes and props you own. What you don't have, you can build. And don't give up on a beautiful magical idea just because you don't know how to make it happen. THAT'S the time to bring your thoughts back to the forum and see if anyone has ideas on how it can be accomplished.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Thanks Spell!
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Maybe a large mirror jar, not unlike a mirror glass. Cover it and turn it around while placing back on your table. Whisk away the cloth and you have a jar full of candy.

John
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Along those lines, I might suggest:

Invisible Candy/Cookie Jar from my Dollar Store Magic Collection (Book 1) includes a candy dish that fills up with candy instantly.

"Shower of Sweets Revisited" from The Wizards' Journal #7 has some new ideas about making candy appear in a glass held by a spectator.

"You Gotta Have Heart" from The Wizards' Journal #8 is a candy box that fills up with chocolates.

"The Anti-Mirror Glass" from The Wizards' Journal #16 has several non-mirror ways of producing the same effects as a mirror glass. I think the TIPS jar might work well as a candy jar... just put a different label on it!

But as I said above, first start with an idea of WHAT you want to do, and then work out HOW to do it.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I use a square circle and music, I want candy. Christina Aguilara has a song out Candy Man, Good Music
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I would think along the lines of a Rocco inspired routine.

He does things like milk to ice cream bar.

Same techniques with life savers to candy necklace..

While there..how about cut and restored candy necklace..or bit and restored...

paddles with a _____
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Candy man! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL