The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Jason Messina's Method Impossible Volume 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Our friend Jason is at it again, with Volume 2. It should be up on Jason's site later today:
http://surfthegasp.com

Here are just some of the contents:
League of Invisible Friends is an exciting imaginary adventure you can apply to existing effects. I explain exactly how I use it to build up an exciting piece of theater with a classic prop that's probably sitting in your drawer.
There is a tip in here that will allow you to make an object move right in synch with a spectator's unspoken thoughts!

Name Opener. takes one of the best card tricks in the world, throws it in a blender and completely reassembles it for maximum personal impact and resonance. You'll start performing one of the many variations explained tomorrow!

Confessions of an ESP Researcher is an essay exploring magic as a mind expansion tool vs. an identity. The sample scenario will make your head spin with possibility....

The Color of Your Thoughts is one of my pet routines that people are always asking about. I reveal the step-by-step process I went through to devise each and every aspect of the routine. Featuring The 5 Question Test, you could turn this routine into a mini-act!

Also included: Horatio Jones Mind Reading Secret, The Lucky Principle, Reverse Pulse Control, Luke Jermay Confuses My Girlfriend

and introducing Noise Theory......
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's up on the site. Looks like a great read.

Chris

MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
This book is great. While I thoroughly enjoyed Method Impossible 1, I found the effects and methods to be a little too crazy. Method Impossible 2, has solved that problem by showing how these pipe dream methods can become very practical with enough thinking. The book also has great stories that make it fun to read as well. If you like off beat methods and plots, then you will love this book.
Highly Recommended,
Tatanka Tan
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
This book seems very interesting, and depending on how much Christmas money I get, I may have to check this out. I read over MI1 again this morning and it was great going back to see the ideas. With Jason, I'm sure this will be worth it.
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
My favorite parts of the book were The Noise Theory, and the Horatio Jones Mind Secret. The Noise Theory is a great analysis of what magic is and has me really thinking. The Horatio Jones Mind Secret is Awesome. While the effect is amazing, it is the overall message of the effect that expands your magic. That 7 letter word can make your magic limitless.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
With everyone out of the house Christmas day, I got to read MI 2. Jason has a real gift fro looking at things. I already have changed a way I perform a certain card trick, that I didn't see any reason to change it. The effect went from a great surprise, which is always fun, to a bit eerie. Very powerful difference.

Restaurant folks should look into Horatio Jones's Mind Secret.

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Simply mind-blowing!

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
I got this, and it's a great work! Like others have said, this is bringing principles from MI1 and bringing them to practical things you can do.

Horatio Jones Mind Reading Secret - This is something that nags you throughout the book, and the secret is a true illustration of what Jason talks about.

League of Imaginary Friends - A presentational ploy that has many applications to bring the audience into the effect.

Name Opener - This takes a classic effect that many people know and goes through four levels of changes to create a masterpiece. The evolution is awesome to read and is an in-depth study of Jason's mind. I really enjoy the final variation Jason gives that makes this less of a card trick and more of a spooky thing.

The Color Of Your Thoughts - A routine that is an unfailing lie-dectector. This too has a described evolution and presentation that stuns spectators.

"jam magic" and "Confessions of An ESP Researcher" - Two great essays on creativity and the purpose of magic.

The Lucky Principle - A presentation to make the spectator feel good inside and enjoy a game of chance.

Luke Jermey Confuses My Girlfriend/Reverse Mind Control/Noise Theory - Another principle that goes through deep evolution and will give you many ideas for new magic.

MI2 is an awesome book and is recommended for everyone. Thanks Jason for putting out such great material!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11713 Posts

Profile of John C
Any pw, nw, st**g* dual real*** etc?

All cards? No cards?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I interviewed Jason for a recent episode of "Time to be Awesome." Check it out to hear him talk about the thought process for MI2:

http://www.timetobeawesome.com
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Either this book is way under rated or folks are keeping it very close to their vests. I waited around for more reviews but ended up just getting it. So glad that I did!
Nicholas
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11713 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-01-03 17:29, Nicholas wrote:
Either this book is way under rated or folks are keeping it very close to their vests. I waited around for more reviews but ended up just getting it. So glad that I did!
Nicholas

So now that YOU have it can you comment:

Any pw, nw, st**g* dual real*** etc?

All cards? No cards? All Cards?

Or is it too close to your vest?

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I got rid of all my vests in the 80's...

Nathan
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
John,
Much, but not all, has a focus on cards. However, the thinking given here goes beyond cards, in my opinion. This is the kind of thinking that you can apply to all kinds of effects, regardless of method. Although I just received this within the last 24 hours, I am already revamping some of the existing effects that I enjoy doing to make them even better. However, I will be thinking and rethinking and reworking what I do for a long time to come...just based on the contents of this little gem. I normally get a little put off when folks say that a book is good because of the thinking within it, or because of the theory espoused, and place the effects as secondary to that. But, in this case...it IS the case. No NW, Dual Real---,st--g-, etc. Bottom line value for me is the way it opens up creative possibilities, allowing for some neat "new takes" on just about any old thing that I've been doing right along. All of the props or effects in this book are things that you already have available or have done (or are, at least, familiar with). Jason will guide you through his creative thinking process as he transforms the effect into something that has, I believe, a lot more interest and impact. He pays great attention to subtlties (I hope that last word is spelled correctly). This really is more about finesse than new effects. Again, I would normally say Blah to that! But, NOT this time. I got my money's worth. Hope that helps, John.
Oh, ...and, I don't even wear a vest...so I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being ellusive. Here's a case where being any more detailed about the contents of the book would reveal the book itself. So, everything I've said has been as "hairy chested with both arms extended to the front" as I can make it.
Nicholas
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Brilliant piece of work......Just finished reading it for a SECOND time......and now for the fun experiences

I need to get a gig at a club.....badly......it will hurt someone in the chest.....hard.........a numbing feeling between the ears......Horatio!!!!!!

Bring it...

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Thank you so much for the kind comments about MI2!

I've uploaded some of my own thoughts about the book and the original here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAm_RKkeGGM

Hope everyone is enjoying the New Year!

Best,
Jason

PS:
NO pw
NO nw
NO st**g*
NO dual real***
NO midgets
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I enjoyed reading both MI 1 and MI 2.

It gets you thinking!!!! One of my favorites is the Jason's thought of food revelation.

Good stuff Jason.

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I was going to get this, but then learned it has no midgets. *sigh*

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Chet,

There are BIG, STRONG burly security guards in this one....you feel like a real man!!

LOL!!!!

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Jason Messina's Method Impossible Volume 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL