The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Raven vs ITR Boss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Hey,

I'm new here in the (really great! Smile ) forum and quite new in magic as well.
Although I already read pretty much here, I have a question concerning vanishing items.

I'd like to do an easy close-up vanish trick to vanish coins, ring and perhaps bills.
I read the "The Raven" still is a great vanish tool (The Gecko seems not necessary for my intended use and not so great for close up) but I'm unsure if tools like the ITR Boss won't do the job as well? But what I don't know: Can the ITR reel be used to vaish items or just to move objects?

What would you recommend to use? The Raven (standard or reel?) or an ITR reel like ITR Boss?

Thank you!

Madcat
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
ITR cannot be used to vanish an object. The raven can vanish an item but the item has to have a certain something to work with the raven. If you are wanting to vanish a dollar why not use a TH### T#P as far as coins get a copy of bobo's coin magic and you could vanish coins several different ways. As far as rings you could do some of the coin vanishes in bobo's to vanish the ring. The gecko you mentioned would work for all 3 items.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
If you are wearing a vest or coat you could use a pull (Vernet)which will vanish all those things you were talking about.However retreival is a bit more difficult.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Welcome to the Café madcats!For vanishes or certain change effects go for the raven. I have the raven, and let me tell you it can pull off some great effects if you have the imagination (or DVD)

The DVD for the raven is a great aid to have. and as for standard or reel, I'd say go for standard, I've read somewhere that the reels make terribly loud noises, so a lot of product complaints.

I am not familiar with ITR's at all, but I would love to experiment with it.
Horizon
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Horizon
You could also look into learning to sleeve or topit or t.tip technique.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi I too had a Raven reel pass on it. Use the standard Raven its excellent,but as mentioned get the dvd. You can buy the whole outfit from your favorite dealer. All of the mentioned methods are worth learning. I have a gecko as well but hardly use it. Good luck
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
I just ordered a Raven plus the DVD. Thank you all!
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
I think you will enjoy the Raven and the DVD is a great help. If you check PK accessories you can get even more mileage from it. The Raven will allow you to do a vanish or nickel to dime without even touching the the spectator's hand. Once you turn your hand over it's clean. Of course, as always, you will want to try different set ups. I personally prefer a jacket or dark, loose shirt. If you use a Jacket go by the local Goodwill or Thrift shop. Also, check into a topit. Micheal Ammar has a good Dvd on it's use. While you are at it, the inner change pocket in some jackets is a great place to store a TT. Perhaps the best Work on the TT is Darwin's Encyclopedia. Best Wishes in the New Year.
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
Everything mentioned here is great. The RavenX2 is also another great tool to have. You can use it to make a coin turn into a key or whatever ideas you have. Topits are great. I am not crazy about Ellusionist products but his Revolution DVD is a good one to have. Also the Pitch and Ditch I believe it's called is a great move.

Frank
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
The Raven is excellent in the right situation.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Raven vs ITR Boss (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL