The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
tandy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of tandy
It just amazes me that this company does not feel the need to say a simple sorry when things go wrong.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-03-11 17:01, tandy wrote:
It just amazes me that this company does not feel the need to say a simple sorry when things go wrong.

PM me your name, and if you pre-ordered it I'll make sure you get the first one out ahead of everyone else.

Sorry for the wait Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Pics doesn t means it will be shipping right ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Quote:
On 2010-03-11 17:09, Roth wrote:
and if you pre-ordered it I'll make sure you get the first one out ahead of everyone else.

Heyyyyy Rick,

I hope that was a joke!!!
:) Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
If it is true, I'm complaining baby! Watch out Rick!!! Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
As stated, I'm in the UK - I should be getting any wallet release first really - its only fair!

when does delivery take place, and can we pay extra to get it quicker?
I've asked to be banned
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I haven't purchased the wallet, therefore I should get it first and free. Haha, just kidding. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
CharlieBlack
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of CharlieBlack
I pre-ordered the wallet too on 16 of Jan. May I know which batch of wallets will my order be with? Thank you!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Pre-ordering should be "outlawed"...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Nice one Mandarin! Smile
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Sounds like a showdown..... pre ordering outlawed!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yet without pre-orders, we would all be waiting longer after the ensuing mad post release scramble.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Do pre-orders ever work? Seems each time people are unhappy.
~Joe
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
My view on pre-orders is that give benefits to both parties, the consumer gets a better deal and the manufacture/retailer gets an infusion of cash to finance the operation. However because one party puts money and the other a promise, the deal is based on trust, and that trust is based on previous experience and community opinion, and in a small community like this, the opinion could be easily moved for or against the retailer and could confuse the new customer.
In the cases that I've seen that did not go very well, it was either because 1) the product was never up to the expectations (Development failed), 2) lack of program/product management (i.e the second tier supplier manages the schedule as he wishes, the retailer is not realistic or it does not understand the mfg. process and therefore the schedule, or a combination of both) and the 3) fraud (not many cases I think)

In this particular case, I personally see 2 problems, the misses of dates (the original date and following dates) and lack of clear communication, and with that I meant explanations that makes sense to an educated audience, for example that a supplier is in Far East is not a reason to miss a schedule, you just plan for that and commits the date based on that. This examples makes me wonder of the quality of the project plan.
I do agree that in many cases we are buying from very small companies and even 1 person outfit, and resources and even experience is limited, so hopefully these are lessons learned and the next product will be announced with a more realistic date.

Net, I am ok financing somebody if the risk I take is not huge, but like everybody else I also learn so maybe next time I'll be more cautious with whom I do pre-orders.

Pablo
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Poor Mr. Roth, we are a tough crowd as the thumbs start to drop down. : (
Shipping the SM and trying to get out the wallets concurrently is a tough trick I would suppose.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
However, wouldnt it just be easier to get them shipped in first, then do a deal for the first 30 purchasers or something?

or, at least...just tell us whats happening? regardless of how much you spend with someone, you should all get the same amount of info...

I know Roth is a busy guy - a one sentence update would do! I'd even be happy to pay extra to get it shipped to the UK ultra fast personally...
I've asked to be banned
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I've replied privately to anyone that sent a PM or email. I base my estimated delivery of product on what the manufacturer says to me and then pass that on.

This wallet is the most complex he's tried to make and there were delays beyond what I was told ship dates would be.

Honestly guys I've had this issue before with my guy and swore I would not have another wallet pre-order.

I guess it was the opportunity to let my regular guys get it first and at 30% off retail. I truly believe that's a nice thing to offer customers.

Having to wait 3 months unfortunately takes the shine off that. I expected to have them in 4-6 weeks

Based on the amount of time this one is taking and the amount of stress I'm dealing with over it, and of course the buyers waiting, this is it, no more pre-order wallets from me.

The fact is, I will be discontinuing the Magnum-Panther-and Diablo when Showdown comes in, and will only carry Showdown and Hideout.

Showdown is the final Outlaw wallet.

I apologize again. The wallet will be unlike any sho-gun wallet ever made so please hang in there.

I also took off the pre-order a month ago when I was notified of the possible wait time.
I'm not a glutton for punishment. I don't enjoy my buyers having to wait either.

Looking for good news this week guys.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Roth, wait.... don't forget about the kaziljion guys who don't have an issue with the wait time, cause at the end we know you deliver a fantastic product.

we know that delay can happen with preorders and its not like you point a gun at our head to press that paypal button.

robert
Astone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Astone
I have to agree with Roberts, the problem is that only the people complaining post messages on this board. You still have my support, those king of products are made on limited runs and require special craftman skills. This is the price/time to pay if you want a good final product.

Pierre
Grant Mitchell
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
22 Posts

Profile of Grant Mitchell
Nice to see the mood of the posts turning here... I agree with Robert and Pierre on this one. Rick's products get a lot of interest on the forums, and it's a shame this is probably biased toward the negative. I'd like to add that I have a bunch of Outlaw products, and whilst it does take a while to arrive (I'm in the UK) the quality has never been compromised and the private communications with Rick have always been prompt and helpful. I've had terrible service from other "main-stream" vendors and received low-quality products... but my research never brought up any negative feedback on the forums for them. Because of their niche, Outlaw are actually high profile here.

I think the crux of this is with the "private communications" bit. It's not really fair to go running to the forums just because you haven't heard anything, or because there hasn't been a forum post to the masses - when in the background those communicating directly are having their questions answered and expectations realigned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL