We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring flight to necklace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

david blown
View Profile
New user
I'm palming all my posts except
71 Posts

Profile of david blown
Sorry for another ring flight question.. I was wondering if anyone still performs a ring flight to necklace on a regular basis. I do not drive, so many ring flights are not fitting my style. I would like to try a ring flight that uses a r**l bcs I like this method. Does anyone use EXIT (eggink), Northbound or Flight 204 on a regular basis and are they convincing and not to hard to do (maybe also surrounded? What is ur opinion? I'm more a cardician, so excuse my not-in-the-know of such a common topic..

thanks for ur replys and best, David
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3598 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have Flight 204 and don't really care for it. How old are you? Is it common knowledge that you don't drive? Unless you're very young, you should be able to do Departure without a lot of questions. A house key, a car key, a fob, is anyone really going to question this?

Jim
david blown
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of david blown
Thanks for your answer, I am 23 : ) well many know I'm not driving.. I do magic only for friends.. many of the ring flights use car keys as I know. furthermore, I like the idea of ring on necklace much!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3598 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I don't think you'd be happy with Flight 204, but I could be wrong. Have you ever considered a ring casket? I have one, and I use it quite a bit. You need a rattle box, borrow a ring, put it in the rattle box, entroduce the ring casket (I use a small paper lunch sack), have someone hold the ring casket, rattle the box, vanish the ring, and then have them open the casket. This is a real fooler - and a fairly nice routine.

Jim
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
David I too have been fascinated with a borrowed ring appearing on a cord around my neck.
Last year I worked out an original routine and my own method to produce a borrowed finger ring on a necklace around my neck. No r**l, but a terrific vanish.
There is a routine on the market that accomplishes the same thing but uses a different method. It is called: Exit by Peter Eggink
It was not for me, because it didn't do one very important thing I wanted to be able to do (a vanish with no hand to hand transfers), but it is still a very practical method of getting a borrowed ring on a cord around your neck and under your shirt.
If you want it, I'll sell you mine!

Donnie
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
I get great mileage out of Richard Sander's Interlaced. It is a ring flight to your shoelace.

I own Northbound, but I'm not a big fan.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5836 Posts

Profile of motown
The keys could be house keys, keys to a gym lock, etc.
They don't need to be car keys.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
Exit is pretty cool. More work than what most magicians would put up with, but, it's interesting in method and fairly clean.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a simple version where a borrowed ring winds up on a chain around your neck that I really like and will either publish it in my next book or perhaps make up and sell. Keep watching http://www.petebiro.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1967 Posts

Profile of puggo
I picked up Exit and Interlaced at the same time.
Interlaced is truely great, but is not 'pick up your keyfob' impromptu. I really did not like Exit for several reasons, which was simillar money to Interlaced. This is of course, just my own experience & thoughts. I'm sure Exit is a great product in the right hands..

How about 'Ring to Teddy' as on James Prince's 'Menu of Miracles' vol. 3. It uses a reel, is different, and fun. It will require a bit of construction (unless James or RSVP sell them..)

I have had great success with a ring to wallet (Royal CTW hip wallet), using the Clifton ring move on its own, or as part of a ring & string (but no reel involved!). Huge chunky rings need not apply though!

Good luck with your search.

Charlie
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I just shot a quicky video of mine and will try to get it on my site this afternoon. Bear in mind, I shot it of myself in the mirror, nothing fancy. I want to do a test to see if there is interest in buyers.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I'd like to see it Pete.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I will post tomorrow on my site. It is quick and crude video I shot of myself in a mirror, but shows the effect.
david blown
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of david blown
Hi folks,

thank you very much for all the replies! In fact, I personally like more the idea of ring to necklace than ring to keys or similar, I do not know why but it's just more appealing to me Smile maybe bcs I like necklaces and don't drive Smile Smile

I'm interested in all versions. of exit I heard many magi that were not too overly excited. I wonder why most ring flights go to keys. interlace though has also risen my interest. would be pleased if there could be more exchange on this topic, key flights to necklace or similar. Northbound - I saw it - don't like it, because the hands move behind the neck Smile

best and thanks to all
David,

ps I'll pm you ddecae Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I am travelling an on my home computer I have a video clip of my version. I'll be home Tuesday. give me your email address in a pm and I will send you the clip
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
I have the key-wallet ring flight. It seems to be a big favorite among all my effects (nothing seems to beat it's reactions). However, I am afraid that it may fail me one day and the ring could get lost or damaged. Has anyone had an problems with the ring flight effect I am referring to? Do others share the same concerns I do?
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring flight to necklace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL