The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Great iPhone/iPod Magic App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DennisMiller
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DennisMiller
I'm new to forums, and hope to get to know you all well. Just a quick background, my name
is Dennis Miller, I'm the father of 3, and work for the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD). I have been doing magic for a little over 10 years, and will let you off with a warning if you show me an impressive magic trick. HaHa.

Okay, so I am a huge iPhone enthusiast and have made it crucial in my line of work and as a hobby. I noticed an app in the App Store the other day that really caught my eye. It's called "Essentials of Card Magic: Card Basics" or "EOMagic." So what is it? It's basically like a virtual DVD. The app ha a menu system, and about an hour worth of sleight of hand card magic video instruction. The magician (who is probably a teenager. Maybe in early 20's) teaches all the basics such as breaks, double lifts, etc. and then he teaches 3 tricks. One is a simple flip trick, the Biddle Trick, and a really solid ACR.

Why is this cool? Well the price. It's $1.99. And $.99 through the holidays until Jan. 1. My review? I don't think the magician is really that.... great at magic per say, but it doesn't really matter because he explains everything really well and in detail and (no intentions of being creepy) has a really soothing, rich voice. I really recommend you check this app out if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch. The kid does a great job at teaching magic, and for 3 tricks, you can't complain with the $1.99 price tag. You can pretty much expect to pay at least $20 for the same
info.

Go ahead, download it, and let me know if you like it as well. Once again, I'm so glad to be a new member here at the Magic Café. Thanks!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
That's the beauty of iphone apps - they are priced at levels that make you "buy it to try it" ... worst case is you are out less than a price of a cup of coffee.

If you like Iphone apps - check out Chris Kenner's Rising Card app.

Also - check out 20Q for a great mentalism Q&A tool.

Jeff Hobson also just released a Best Jokes Ever app that is good.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
There is also the iForce by Greg Rostami
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
Chris Kenner's Rising Card application (when used with a John C thought transmitter) creates such amazing magic- with such ease - that it makes me begrudge the years spent on sleights.
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Parker,CO
66 Posts

Profile of kenb123
There is a whole section of this forum dedicated to iphone apps. You can find more suggestions there.
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
As mentioned above, iForce is a great app. I highly recommend it.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
I like the iforce and rising card well worth money spent. With everyone on cell phones it makes for easy magic things people are all accustom to not like some prop that nobody has ever seen before.
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
IForce is great, as well as Tenyo's Magic Shuffle
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
The ONLY 2 magic apps on my iPhone are Tenyo's Magic Shuffle and I bet you can guess what the other one is!

Rising Card used to be on there before Magic Shuffle came out. The method of Magic Shuffle is so brilliant . . . simple, fast, and most importantly MOTIVATED. I always do a Virtual Deck performance (ala Invisible Deck) with Magic Shuffle.

Greg Rostami
Magic Mike Japan
View Profile
New user
Yokosuka, Japan (U.S. Mailing Address)
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Mike Japan
Greg - I also regularly use Magic Shuffle. Best app out there from what I've seen. The one Blaine put out doesn't impress me at all. Too slow, too predictable, cheesy.
"There's no limit to what one man can accomplish, as long as he's willing to let someone else have the credit." (These words were inscribed on a small brass plaque which sat on President Ronald Reagan's desk in the White House during his second term.)
<BR><BR
Magic Mike Japan
View Profile
New user
Yokosuka, Japan (U.S. Mailing Address)
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Mike Japan
Greg - Of course, it's the best one, after yours!
"There's no limit to what one man can accomplish, as long as he's willing to let someone else have the credit." (These words were inscribed on a small brass plaque which sat on President Ronald Reagan's desk in the White House during his second term.)
<BR><BR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Great iPhone/iPod Magic App (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL