The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Eric lewis rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jgazmen
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jgazmen
I would like to have a dialogue with someone who does the routine. What is your advice? Have you altered it in any way? What feedback do you get? Do you find it effective?

I did the routine many years ago for a short time, and I have just returned to it with lots of work in front of me to get it right.

The inventor really hyped this effect as the epitome of routines and he may be correct. Do you agree?

Thank you - John
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
576 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
John,

If that is the "triple Cut" routine, I would also appreciate some advice. I have been looking to try this out myself, but I'm unsure as to the differences between this routine and the Panama rope routine and whether it has any advantages over the latter.

Happy New Year,
Alan
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
It is a different tying routine. The Eric lewis version has three square knots (kind of like a snowman three segments when done).
The Panama, I believe has loops like a Dumb-bell shape when tied.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
576 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Thanks for the reply Ian.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have never seen the Eric Lewis routine, but I do know for a fact that the Panama rope trick uses at least two square knots.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
576 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Thanks for the reply Al,

I'm very familiar with the Panama routine, it's the Lewis one that I was unsure about. I'm just trying to track down a copy of it from somewhere, but not having much luck.

Cheers,
Alan
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I may be wrong, but what I believe to be the Eric Lewis Triple cut is this:
http://stagetricks.com/ericlewis.wmv

I added a little trimming of the rope, it should have been 3 snips across two rope ends but you will get the idea.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
576 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Thanks for putting that up Ian.

If you can point me in the direction of the manuscript for sale anywhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried everywhere that I can think of in the UK already and done a google search, but to no avail!

Kind regards,
Alan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21638 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Martin Lewis is Eric Lewis's son, he has a site at http://www.magikraft.com and sells some of his fathers writings. You can email him as well to see if it is in any of his offerings. He will answer, as I have always gotten an answer from him.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1582 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I had a look at Ian's video, and he's far off from what Eric Lewis rope routine is.
Only one square knot is used during the entire routine and it's at the end.
I saw Eric did this some years ago when he came to Toronto for a lecture.
I have the manuscript somewhere in my collection of books.
I will be cleaning out my Magic Den come Spring. If I can locate the manuscript, I will go over the entire routine.
At present I'm doing only part of the routine in my kid shows.His routine is quite unique in the way the rope is handled.
TrickyRicky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1582 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Everyone is looking for a great rope routine when there is this one, Eric Lewis rope routine. It's by far, one of the best one on the market. All you've to do is put your personality and make it an entertaining routine and you have a real winner.
Come on guys--go back and look this one over.
Tricky Ricky
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21638 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Eric Lewis rope routine is still available form Magic Inc., the PDF version is available from www.Lybrary.com .
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Eric lewis rope routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL