The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh joy, more fun economic news (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Things are what they are.

This is a fundimental change in our republic without doubt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-03-24 20:57, Dannydoyle wrote:
Things are what they are.

This is a fundimental change in our republic without doubt.

Life is change Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Change is not inherantly good.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As John Gray has said:

‘People who worry about problems that others are not worrying about
are irritating and are disparaged after the event. People who were
right when others were wrong are even more irritating’.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 12:20, Dannydoyle wrote:
Change is not inherantly good.

Change is neither inherently good nor bad, simply constant. Good or Bad is relative to how we view the change.

The successful organism adapts to change. Those unable or unwilling to do so die out.

It's how the universe works.

I currently adapting quite well. How 'bout you?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The able and the unable, the willing and the unwilling, the happy and the unhappy...we're all in the process of dying out.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea nobody gets out alive.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Just posting to see if I can get one to stick.
Nothing to see here, move along.
You know why don't act naive.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
One the greatest confidence tricks pulled off here in England, was thought up by, Margaret - The Witch of the West - Thatcher. She sold the people there own property! The water, the railways, the Council houses etc, were publicly owned property, all paid for by the tax payers. So she privatised them and sold them to the people. Who bought them via cheap shares, and the people bought them because they could make a quick buck on them. So that is what the USA Government will do latter with the heath care; First get the people to buy it, then after a while, sell it to them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 23:07, tommy wrote:
One the greatest confidence tricks pulled off here in England, was thought up by, Margaret - The Witch of the West - Thatcher. She sold the people there own property! The water, the railways, the Council houses etc, were publicly owned property, all paid for by the tax payers. So she privatised them and sold them to the people. Who bought them via cheap shares, and the people bought them because they could make a quick buck on them. So that is what the USA Government will do latter with the heath care; First get the people to buy it, then after a while, sell it to them.

Let us hope not. One of our political parties is always trying to do this on this side of the pond. They keep harping on and on about how Government can't run things right and how much better everything would be if it was privatized. After all, it's worked so well with the Post Office Smile

There are some things that the government just runs better than private companies. I really wouldn't want to live in a country where every road was privately owned and maintained and was charged a toll to use.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I don't know Payne, wouldn't you like to privatize the police? The judicial system? Let the lowest bidder maintain law and order, that's what I say!

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It could work.We've privatized many of our prisons here in the states. Incarceration rates are now the highest they've ever been
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 11:06, Payne wrote:
It could work.We've privatized many of our prisons here in the states. Incarceration rates are now the highest they've ever been

I saw an interview with someone complaining about the high incarceration rates, and the funny thing was, she specifically mentioned that it was particularly disgraceful in light of the low crime rates. Hmmmm...more criminals in jail/prison...lower crime rates. Who could imagine?

Don't worry; due to budget constraints, there's going to be a lot of early releases coming up. We'll see how well that "works."

As for government-controlled industries, I'm sure they can do for healthcare what they do for education.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 12:08, kcg5 wrote:
Careful, don't talk politics...

I had the strangest dream...in it, someone posted a comment like this immediately following a post with which he agreed.

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
DOW Jones is up. Been rising steadily for a while.

That must be an indication of something.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
I'd tell you what it indicates but it would be deleted.
You know why don't act naive.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Dear Reader

When we hold enough government bonds, the interest on them alone will cost your little governments all the tax in all the world that they collect from you little people. If ye are lucky we will pay the police your little armies that protect you and so on. Don’t worry little people as we tell the police force we pay to treat ye all well, well so long as ye are not one of them there malcontents. Ye didn’t think we would just put all the money into a Swiss bank account did ye? We are going have world government whether your little governments and ye little people like it or not. Unless ye can pay the bill off and where on earth are ye ever going to get the money from to do that?

Yours sincerely

Head of the world private foundations society.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 12:57, EsnRedshirt wrote:

According to Obama and Biden, when it was going down, it was nothing more than a daily poll, and indicated nothing. Now that it goes up you want to claim it as an indication of SOMETHING?

I get it now finally. Any time anything good happens, no matter what the cause, it is an indication of a good thing for Obama, and anything bad, does not matter.

I saw Biden say that a victory in Iraq was going to be a great victory for THIS ADMINISTRATION! Tough to tell if it is politics that frustrates me more or politicians. (or the people who seem to fall for the bs.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 21:44, Dannydoyle wrote:

According to Obama and Biden, when it was going down, it was nothing more than a daily poll, and indicated nothing. Now that it goes up you want to claim it as an indication of SOMETHING?

I get it now finally. Any time anything good happens, no matter what the cause, it is an indication of a good thing for Obama, and anything bad, does not matter.

Danny, you know better! Some of things that are bad don't matter; other things that are bad do matter, but are the previous administration's fault.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 21:44, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 12:57, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Did they actually say that? If so, I guess I missed it. I just remember Beck and Rush and Hannity and their ilk saying that the markets going down was all Obama's fault.

"On November 6, Fox News contributor and......ection."

As they say, turnabout is fair play.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh joy, more fun economic news (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL