The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Chain Tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
I am always a fan of multiple phrase routines. The classic Ring and Chain trick that you can find in children magic books or any party shops used to be a giveaway trick I use on a regular.

I usually use my finger ring for this. A while back, I chanced upon a magician who did a ring and chain trick. Just like in crazyman's handcuff (Ammar variation) spectator holds on to 2 ends of the chain and the ring is around it, in the middle. The magician then made a few loops with the chain and magicially removed the ring without the spectator removing her fingers.

Okay, I don't usually explain tricks well. But for the workers out there, I think you may get a rough idea of what it means.

Am basically hoping to find more resources that I can capitalize on and make the classic ring and chain a more multiphase-d routine. Anyone with any tricks that uses only a finger ring and un- gimmick chain like the classic, do share. Thanks

P.S. Other than ring and string tricks like that in rentless ring and string or the ring leader.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi LoyaLover,

These type effects are nice close-up presentations. Check(PM) with The Godfather, Vinny Marini (Vinsmagic on the Café) as he has some really nice Ring & String (chain) work I remember. I'm sure he'll help you out with some nice stuff. All his work is excellent and he's a great guy. Just tell him Mb sent'cha. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
Smile You have been very helpful, Mb. Thank you.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2775 Posts

Profile of John Long
LoyaLover:

I think the effect that you are looking for is in Magic for Dummies. I do it with a loop of string around the spectators thumbs, and the ring comes off right in front of their eyes. The effect gets pretty good reactions, but I pair it up with a message.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Chain Tricks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL