The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magicians Convention 2010 - The World's Best (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 08:31, Psycho Savager wrote:
I heard Andy Nyman's going to be there again. Any word on this?

no Andy Nyman is definitely not there unfortunately
magicadie
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicadie
Hi guys, probably a long shot, but does anyone have a spare ticket for this year, I wasnt sure if I could make it, but now I can, and typically, its sold out.

So if someone who has bought a ticket and cant make it, then I'd like a chance to buy it off you.

Look forward to a reply,

Cheers Adie
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Just got news that Losander will be there in the Dealers Fair. It was touch and go with the recent accident, but he is looking forward to seeing all his friends, and on the mend. See you all next week.
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Quote:
On 2010-02-11 14:00, Craig Dickson wrote:
Just got news that Losander will be there in the Dealers Fair. It was touch and go with the recent accident, but he is looking forward to seeing all his friends, and on the mend. See you all next week.

that's wonderful news.. I'll make sure I stop by and wish him well... I'm looking forward to next week now... Smile
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
I told him we will all look after him, bringing pints and pizza Smile
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
The sad part is we will all miss Pat Page very much.
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
We've just finished our interview with Franz Harary ready for Blackpool, sounds like there are some promising things he's packing to bring over with him for the convention...

Andy Reay managed to grab some time with the top international illusionist, and we appreciate him taking the time out of his extremely tight schedule!

listen to the chat here - http://www.magicconventionguide.com/2010......-harary/
magicles2010
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicles2010
This maybe an impossible task - but I thought I would try nonetheless - am looking for 1 Gold / VIP card for Blackpool. Prepared to pay a premium.

PM me.
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
As always.. we'll be blogging, taking photos, hopefully doing audio interviews and generally covering the Blackpool Convention as it happens..

You can follow the entire weekend live at http://www.magicconventionguide.com/ (photos at the top) or http://www.magicconventionguide.com/cate......on-2010/

you can also follow us, and chat with us on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/magicconvention

Many many thanks to Blackpool Magicians Club for their help this year and assistance in helping us to report the worlds biggest magic convention.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Is there an up to date schedule yet, showing who's lecturing at what time? The last I saw had timings only.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
All in all Blackpool 2010 was a great convention for me. Great review Andrew!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Why is no one talking about this? There's NOTHING being said either way about this event at all. Very strange.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
What was the business in the stage show with a slide saying Paul Daniels had passed away??
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Tim: the compere (or MC for non-British folk) had some slides of several legends of magic that have passed away since last year's convention. Ali Bongo and Pat Page spring to mind. Both had the years of birth and death below the photo. Last was a picture of Paul Daniels, 1938-2010. MC: "Hey, I can always hope."
A cruel joke perhaps, but you should've some of the Michael Jackson ones.
jondunlap
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of jondunlap
And that's why they call it comedy, not controversey. Amen
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Being a dealer there I cannot no comment line by line, but in General, this was our 13th year. Joanne and I would not miss it for the world. This years event sold out in record time, and from what I heard as feedback about most if not all lectures, standing room only, and great, same for close-up. We still hurt from laughing so much, as with any convention a major part of it is hooking up with old friends, and making new ones. The Ruskin was packed, and the magic never ended there untill the wee hours of the morning. The downside there was one idiot thinking the Ruskin was his private dealer room and blatently hawking his crap there. Not only illegal but unethical. And as far as dealers, if you can not find it at Blackpool, you cannot find it anywhere. This is our favorite convention in the world, and this years did not disappoint. Add to that all the street events, Heat Up the Streets was amazing.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
This sounds like it is about time I do this convention. I have debated it for years, dreading the thought of schleping all the stuff over, customs and the possibility of sending back again. But it might be time for me to cross the pond.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
"the compere (or MC for non-British folk) had some slides of several legends of magic that have passed away since last year's convention. Ali Bongo and Pat Page spring to mind. Both had the years of birth and death below the photo. Last was a picture of Paul Daniels, 1938-2010. MC: "Hey, I can always hope." "

Did people laugh?

Maybe it just reads badly and "you had to be there" but having known both Pat & Ali it seems like it made their memories nothing more than the feed line for a punch line on Paul Daniels.

And especially since Paul had a health scare recently, it doesn't really seem that funny to wish that someone who almost died actually did.

Maybe it was just a retaliation because Paul (previously honoured by the BMC with a Murray Award) criticised Blackpool?
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Tim

Why don't you stick to conventions you actually attended, instead of trying to stir the pot at one you were not. There was a very proper tribute to Ali Bongo, Pat Page and Mahka Tendo, all very good friends of ours. The only thing inappropriate are your public insinuations, being you were not even there. And you know me Tim, who was it that defended you at FFFF? You are way off base here. Post stuff like this in your blog, but attempts at negatives are not what the Café is all about. If anyone has problems, address them to the organizers. Public flogging died in the middle ages. I am not condoning anything, nor taking sides, I just think anything of this nature just does not belong here.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I agree with Craig.

From now on I'm going to call Tim "The Spoon", as he's always stirring things!

Guffaw.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magicians Convention 2010 - The World's Best (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL