The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Which Kind of Shrink Wrap? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ajsmola
View Profile
New user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
35 Posts

Profile of ajsmola
Hey Café,

So, here is my question. I purchased a roll of some Shrink Wrap from Ebay that I thought was going to be perfect for shrink-wrapping my custom magic kits. After looking over all the different types, I decided that PVC shrink wrap (I think that is what it was called) was the type I wanted. Well....when it arrived, it turned out NOT being what I was expecting.

I was looking to get the shrink wrap that was stretchy and thin, much like saran wrap...but the PVC shrink wrap was much like the kind people use to wrap gift baskets. It made lots of noise when it was crinkled, and the problem was that it was not elastic or stretchy. When I would make the seals on the edge of the magic set, they would always peel open when it was shrink wrapped and it would look terrible.

So, does anyone have experience with using different types of shrink wrap, and can point me in the right direction of what type to buy next time?

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best,
Alan
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Are you using a machine? You can get the stretchy shrink wrap like they would do in a grocery store, wrapping cut up fruit, meats etc. You can get this similar wrap from Staples.

If you have a machine, there should be a size and standard wrap that the instructions recommend.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hold on??
does the shrink wrap that you have include a dub le layer meaning you open it up and put the box inside it then have to seal it.

the shrink wrap that I use requires a speacl type hair dryer although most any one woudl do.

you th en runteh dryer over it and it SHRINKS to form itself over what ever item is inside.

that's the best shrink wrap out there.

have you tried using a haridryer to see if it shrinks.

do that first then if you have more questions Ican help.

I can tell you where to buy and wh at is the best.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Which Kind of Shrink Wrap? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL