The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Doc Dixon Lecture in Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
I'll be lecturing at Denny Haney's Vegas shop in January 19 at 7 pm. You can call the shop at 702-740-3500 for details.

Lecture content details can be found here: http://www.dixonmagic.com/page11/page11.html

Hope to see you there.

Best

Doc

PS: In the meantime, here's what others have had to say about the lecture:

“The lecture was a wonderful mix of real world routines for close-up and stand-up workers, really cool techniques and general hysterics. One of the most fun evenings I've attended in a while. I recommend his lecture to everyone.”
Marc DeSouza, multiple magic award winner

“Simply put, if Doc makes room in his schedule to do some lectures, book him...or, if someone around you books him, go to see him...just don't miss him. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.”
Rick Maue author of Haunted Magick

“I had the pleasure of watching Doc Dixon lecture the other night at the Marc DeSouza theater in Wayne PA. When I got home, I had to take 2 Advil because my cheeks and sides hurt from laughing so hard. To say that this was one of the most enjoyable, entertaining and informative lectures I have seen in quite some time would be an under-statement. Doc taught routines from his 2 new sets of lecture notes (Monkeyshines 1 and 2) that covered material using a variety of props from cards to coins to McDonald's bags.

As opposed to discussing all of the effects Doc explained, I will touch on a couple of my favorites. First, the Dixon drop is a great utility move that is pretty much invisible. Imagine displaying a small packet of cards in your hand, showing the bottom card to be a 7 of hearts, and by the time the packet hits the table-top, that card is now an Ace. Double Duty is a nice routine for the stand-up worker that uses the "Dual Reality" principle in a very unique way. His "Psychic Sense" routine is perfect for the strolling worker. It takes up very little pocket space and can play very small or very big.

And throughout Doc's lecture, he (subtly) dropped some of the funniest one-liners and comedy bits that I have ever heard. This is a guy who takes comedy very seriously and I loved his (too brief in my opinion) talk about interjecting comedy into magic routines. Hopefully, I can get Doc to come on "Time to be Awesome" so that he can share some of those thoughts with everyone at once.

I cannot recommend his lecture enough. If you have an opportunity to see Doc lecture or book him for your own club, do not hesitate.”
David Corsaro http://www.timetobeawesome.com
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
736 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Doc,when are you coming to San Francisco to present this lecture?

Charlie
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Charlie,

I PMed you.

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Doc Dixon Lecture in Vegas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL