We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ring and rubber band /pinnacle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Just received the DVD of Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki.
It is a must for any one doing rubberband magic. the effect is inpromtu and can be used inconjuction with other rubber band effects.
Pinnacle is a brillant effect ..
"great job Russ"..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
what is the effect? Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Check out www. magicbuzz.net
you can see a demo
just giving a review of the dvd if I did not like it I would say so.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
It is a kiler, This is just absolutely killer. Smile Smile Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Thank you Reed-

It has been killer for me as well.

I plan to demo the heck out of "Pinnacle", along with "Just Passin'Thru" at the Midwest Magic Jubilee in St. Louis in a couple of weeks. I hope some of you can stop by and see these.

It was going great at the national IBM in Kansas City. And I will be adding a few deals in St. Louis ,so stop by!

Russ Niedzwiecki

Reed, your name is on fire. I mean literally, on fire!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1527 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Great effect, excellent explanations, What a Bargain.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1702 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Will Pinnacle work with the same bands that I use for CMH? (I use the regular ones, as recommended by Ammar) - aren;t the Pinnacle ones somewhat larger?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Ross:

Michael Ammar uses #16 bands now, according to his website materials. Pinnacle uses #19, which are larger.

I bought Michael's elite #16 bands and Russ' elite #19 bands - both real high quality. Honestly, I like doing CMH with #19 much better - it seems to be smoother than #16.

So, I recommend you get the #19 bands from Russ' website, and use them for both effects.

Hope this helps you.

Ron
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
can someone give a comparison between pinnacle and simon aronson's ring leader routine from his book try the impossible?
they look quite similar, I was wondering if it would be worth to buy the DVD ...
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Nir Dihan,

Ringleader and Pinnacle are both ring and band routines. I think both are worth having.

Ringleader begins with the rubber band threaded inside the ring, and proceeds to be taken off a strand at a time.

Pinnacle begins with ring and rubber band seperate from one another. The rubber bands penetrate the ring one strand at a time.

I am a little less intimate with Ringleader. Pinnacle, I can say, is very smooth and complete, the "get ready" sequences, when done properly, will go unnoticed, as they happen during the 'proving' of the display being clean and fair.

Yes, it is mine,so I'm a bit one-sided, but I believe if it weren't mine, I wouldn'd go without it. I think others in threads on the subject here on MagicCafe have stated similar experiences. I don't think you can go wrong with Pinnacle.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
It would be a good idea to study both, but if you're going to get only one, I'd make it Pinnacle for several reasons. First, I think it's a better routine overall; more magical things happen through the course of it, and they happen in a logical sequence. Second, it's easier to learn. Rubber band magic is notoriously tricky to learn from the written word, and despite Aronson's excellent writing, Ringleader in no exception. The DVD instruction makes Pinnacle much easier to understand. Also, learning it first will make Ringleader easier to decipher later, since you'll already have an understanding of some of the principles. And finally, Ringleader is found in a none-too-cheap book that otherwise deals with mathematical card principles and stacked deck work. If you're also into that, then it's great, but if you're getting it just for Ringleader, that's a lot to pay for it.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get Pinnacle as it is the best ring and rubberband effect to date that I have seen. 10/10
backpalmmagic
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, California
69 Posts

Profile of backpalmmagic
At the risk of being repetitively redundant (?) I too thought Pinnacle was wonderful. The ease with which you accomplish the first penetration in particular always brings a smile to my face and looks perfect to the spectator (and is as angle proof as you can get). The final removal of the ring from the single strand is so incredibly open and fair looking it makes everyone's head spin (including my own).

I would've liked an over-the-shoulder camera angle in several spots of the DVD. For the third phase I found myself standing alongside the TV to try and mimic the angle. But it was definitely worth the effort!

I still like Aronson's Ringleader (it was a serendipitous discovery in a book that otherwise I bought for its card magic content), and will still use it in specific situations, but Pinnacle has become my band and ring effect of choice.

Thank you Russ for a marvelous piece of magic!
Cheers,
Bob Mills
BackPalmMagic
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Lately I've been doing both in the same routine. First, I do Ringleader followed by Pinnacle. The two routines together last about a minute and a half.
Deck01
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
32 Posts

Profile of Deck01
Are pinacle and ringleader comparable to ring band-it found in Michael Ammar's book; Or pinacle is far more better than the ring band-it?

Neil
I cryied when I had no shoes, until I saw a boy without his feet.
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Though I am a bit cautious about comparing previous items to Pinnacle, I will say this...

It has been really a treat to see those who have done their best to post their thoughts in detail about Pinnacle, and all I can say to you guys is...I am right there with you.

Bob Mills, Hawk, Quinn- it is very satisfying to see that others have discovered within the nuances of an effect the same satisfaction I have experienced. You wonder if you're just geeked about your own stuff, but when others like you reinforce the same without me having to describe in detail -because YOU already have!!- well, besides being flattering, it just reconfirms what was going on in the evolution of the effect. Thanks so much for your posts, and I'm glad you are enjoying Pinnacle.

Russ Niedzwiecki
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I just got home from the Midwest Magic Jubilee. There was plenty of killer stuff in the dealers' room, but the one absolute stand alone monster of the bunch was "Pinnacle". I'm pretty sure that just about every magician in MO and KS, bought this one.

First of all, I've got to say that Russ was great. He spent good quality time helping me with this one. in his hands I think this is possibly the most magical close-up effect I've seen. It is so devastatingly magical. I'm telling you guys that everyone was floored. I really mean EVERYONE.

Let me say that there were some real cats at this convention. Nobody was safe from Russ and this amazing effect.

The DVD is great, too. Russ does a great job teaching this one, and everything is perfectly clear and well explained. This being said, Pinnacle is not easy. It will take a short time to learn, but a looooong time to perfect. I cannot wait until this one is ready to add to my repertoire.

Russ, I had a blast hanging with you this weekend. You're a quality guy and a superb magician. Good luck, although judging by the traffic at your booth, you won't need it.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Perhaps I am missing something here. This sounds like an ungimmicked (except for the last part) rubber band penetration of an ungimmicked ring. For $20. If I am wrong then someone PLEASE PM ME. It sounds to me like there is nothing new here and nothing worth spending $20 for the one trick when for just $10 more you can get a video with many more rubberband effects including this one. Then again, maybe I am wrong as I haven't seen the video.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Samuel,
You are missing something.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5858 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The difference is in the clarity of the framing and the fluidity of the routine.

Most ring on rubberband routines involve a get ready and then the sequence. With Pinnacle the get readies are invisible... no awkward or unnatural moves to speak of. Every move is very well motivated.

That is the difference.

Cheers,

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ring and rubber band /pinnacle (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL