The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New camera with high def video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I bought a new digital still camera. This one takes wide screen high def video. My previous still camera took normal video. Anyway, the new video will not play in windows media player and will also not import into windows movie maker. I also converted them into mpegs with a shareware program but they still will not import into windows movie maker. Is there some way to get them into windows movie maker or what can I do to edit and use this footage? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
What is the file type of the camrea's video, James?
Dan McLean Jr
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check Microsoft for your questions and an update to your Movie Maker and Windows Media Player. They have updates and new versions that address these issues.

Also check out your camera manufacturer site, they may have updates available for these issues.

As a last resort, if you do not want to do all this, just return the camera and don't forget to do your homework prior to purchasing.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
You could go grab an inexpensive editing program that handles high def. If you check some of them out at Best Buy or a similar store, you will find one. I believe Pinnacle is one of them. -Matt
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I use Pinnacle and it is not cheap. They just came out with version 14, after selling me version 12 at reduced price.

That saying I do not think it will solve the posters problems with Movie Maker.

You may need a DVD codec, can you play DVD with your copy of Media Player. If not you may have to purchase a DVD codec. Microsoft requires a DVD codec to operate any videos.

Another thing did you select Media Player to be your default player in the set up program. It requires the check boxes to be checked for each type of file it will play. Check the Options drop down box.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
My digital cameras have always recorded video in MOV format, which will not play in Media Player. Download the free version of QuickTime from Apple and see if that makes a difference.

Also, look at this link for getting MOV files into Movie Maker:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Foru......de11a05b
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Hey Jim, which camera model is it? We can check the specifications to see what format it records in.

Michael
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
If you google NHS software, they have some free downloads, I downloaded a file converting program that converts HIGH DEF Video from mine into MP4, WAV, and other formats
making the unreal, real...really!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New camera with high def video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL