We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » The mirror box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, hugmagic wrote:
Is this like the Abbott break apart production box?

It might be, I was looking at some images of the box on an auction site and now I am thinking it's a Ka-Blammo Box. I don't want to get off topic, but the images on Abbott's website leave a lot be desired.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
945 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hay Guys / Gals - many time I would go to "google" - put in the full title (like- 'Abbott break apart production box '- and many others) - FULL Description - PICTURES -often where to get and prices- done this many times. And mentioned in various forums, many times - surprised it isn't tried more. Ralph ROUSSEAU (Russo)
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Hi Russo,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm very familiar with search engines and their workings. My question is more of a historical one. Was Blackstone's Break-Apart Production Box designed as a mirror box or Ka-Blammo Box or something else. I can't seem to find this information. Any insights would be helpful.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of Russo
Again went to "google" with the titled ( in above reply ) - the ones shown ,look like a Squared Circle ?? Of course I'm just having fun surfing everywhere LOL.
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Hi Russo, are we talking about the same production box?

https://auctions.potterauctions.com/blac......367.aspx

Smile
Russo
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of Russo
Don't really know (at 84 - what do you expect, LOL). I still have Owen Brothers (Carl original- not Smith) 'Enchanted Rabbit Hutch' (mirror) and 'Rapid Rabbit Vanish' (break-a-way), cost us $25. each in 1960 - now worth $375, each - Ha Ha Ha
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Good one! I also can't believe the cost of some of the small illusions on the market today, plastic versions will run you anywhere between 40-75 dollars and ones made out of wood or even metal go for astromical prices. Don't get me wrong I understand there are "secrets of the magic woodworking guild" (as Wooster would say), but there's an opportunity for small shop woodworkers and metal fabricators to make some good money.

On a side note, there's an Owen's Enchanted Rabbit Hutch on everyone's favorite aution site going for $2,000. Who knows what a vintage box would fetch right now in the right market.

I digress, I still don't think its one of those designs you mentioned above, I think its a custom mirror box with break away sides. Of course there might be a name for this specific design, but I haven't found it yet. Thanks for the input Smile
Russo
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of Russo
At 84- don't use mine anymore - best offer and contact ????????/
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1624 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Over the years,I've used a small mirror box at kids birthday parties. A utility box, can be used to restore,produce and vanish small objects.
One of my routine is with alphabets cards( the letters are of assorted colors) with a long piece of ribbon. The cards magically attached to the ribbon spelling happy birthday.
Two sets are made up---pink ribbon for girls and blue for boys.
Tricky Ricky
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2012, Payne wrote:
Here's one I built a few years back. I think it's pretty deceptive as I was able to eliminate the tell tale X that is generally seen on the inside.

For the record, just in case anyone is searching through these old posts for information on how to design and build one of these items , here is the one referred to in Master Payne's post from 2012 . Unfortunately the image is no longer in the original location online , so the image does not show up in his post. For documentation purposes, here is Master Payne's box. Nice, eh ?

Click here to view attached image.
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Beautiful mirror box David Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » The mirror box (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL