The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do you charge different rates for walk-around magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of jiayi
For shows, you can offer different packages with different pricing. How can you add value to the walk-around magic to upsell or justify the increase in price for different customers?
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
713 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
If you charge by the hour, you can always make the first hour the most expensive or have an x number of hours minimum.

I don't believe in charging different rates to my customers for the same service. This practice usually comes back to bite you in the @ss.

You can justify price differences by the distance you have to travel for shows and also by offering the client a choice of material. Maybe one price for straight close-up magic and another for a combination of magic and mind reading.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Absolutely you can up-sell with walk-around magic. Different show options and packages for clients to choose from is a huge plus also. ie: check out my kids site at http://www.DenverKidMagic.com and see the different show options I list there.

I would highly recommend Michael Ammars "Negotiating Higher Performance Fees" as he teaches the art of the up-sell very well. (really get this CD)

Keir

http://www.LifeIsMagical.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do you charge different rates for walk-around magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL