The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » A little dollar bill "gag" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Ask the spectator for an American dollar bill. Point to the eagle and ask: "What part of the eagle is this?" The spectator will reply, "the wing?" Then look at them directly in the eye and say in a very serious tone, "remember the word."

Proceed to fold the dollar bill hot dog style, and then fold it sandwich style, making the dollar bill somewhat a banana shape. Tell the spectator to hold out their pointing finger and pinky, a "rock on" hand pose, but pointing forward. Place the dollar bill on top of their fingers. Do some magical gesture over it, tell the spec to say the word twice. "Wing wing". Then pick up the dollar bill and place it over your ear, "Hello?"

This gag is so corny that people usually laugh/giggle uncontrollably.
Of course, you might want to follow it up with something totally unexpected, like make it float, etc.

Have fun!
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Aarrgghh!! So corny, I like it! Smile

Thanks for sharing!

TED
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I do too! Funny...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
piraino
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of piraino
I wonder if it would be even more funny and ridiculous if instead you said "Huwwo?"
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
[quote]On 2010-01-10 10:31, piraino wrote:
I wonder if it would be even more funny and ridiculous if instead you said "Huwwo?"
[/quote
Haha, never thought of that. I will give it a try. Glad you guys like it.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
This is an old bit...and yes saying "Huwwoo" is the best way to answer the "phone".

Rich B.
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
I used this yesterday on a bunch of teenagers I do magic for. I had them staring intently at the dollar bill and got the best groans that I've gotten in a long time. That would be groans for a corny joke, not my magic...I hope.
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I love it
Zendor
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Zendor
Makes me laugh. I love it too!
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
That's great! Follow it with a LOOPS levitation where you put it on your own "Rock on" positioned fingers except pointing towards your other hand. "Wing - Wing" and levitate for 2 seconds! What a great BANG for your buck!

I Love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » A little dollar bill "gag" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL