The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Magnus (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39~40~41~42~43~44 [Next]
James Braund
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of James Braund
Oooh the suspense is kiling me! When will the next list be posted please Rick?
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Just a quick aside - someone mentioned google earlier in this thread - Rick ever think of making the Outlaw site google proof? I don't think it would hurt advertising and would protect some customers that use the Outlaw effects for serious business. For most effects it's not a big issue as the specs will never guess the 'working name' of an effect, but for something like the Teller, which has those words printed right on it, if you google The Teller cards, guess what pops right up ... just a thought.
Anyway - I'll be sending you a bunch more of my money soon, don't tell my wife Smile
andreas
View Profile
New user
Germany (Leverkusen)
29 Posts

Profile of andreas
Spiritus has arrived Germany...
Great work, it looks fantasic!
Thanks to Tim and Rick for this beautiful thing.

Greetings Andreas
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I'm with you Dennper.

Even putting "Colney Hatch" into Google and Outlaw comes up about 4th or 5th. Sad face.

:(
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
You worry too much.

I worry more about all of the demands for Roth to publish a purchase/shipping list than whether somebody can google information about my performance props. Then again, I practice a theatrical craft that allows for the existence of props and gimmicks in my little ol' spooky magic corner of the universe.

I worry more about people having access to my purchase and travel records via internet access than whether they know that some funky little book is really an antique or not.

Chris
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
Oh...I think it all has to do with that wonderful thing called 'motivation'. With most people their lives are to involved in the things that make their own world click. Unless they are a Mage, a very clever and interested young person or the exception. I really doubt they would even bother to Google any of it as it just isn't that important to them. I don't use the names of my effects outright. I have been told by several people that they know they could probably go and look up online what I did. It depends on your style or character. I am not trying to be a presenter of clever puzzles that they need to figure out. I am taking them on a fantasy journey with highs and lows and Magical Moments. They are willing to suspend disbelief and allow me to take their world view and twist it around in my own created world and most of them don't want to tarnish the adventure. There is almost anything you want on the web if you know what you are looking for. I lost a link to a mentalist device that I was shocked was on the internet in the first place but I was able to re-find the page with some effort and it did take awhile because I could not remember it's exact name. The same will be true of most your spectators.

BTW-I have been getting a few wonderful comments on my antique OUI-JA Board that I just got and comments have been made that it is too nice and old to be using in a theatrical magic piece. I also want my friends to get into the habit of seeing it sitting around my space. I have just used it for revelations so far, SM deserves the respect of a full seance atmosphere to be used as it was intended. It still needs to be fine tuned and this is the fun part for me as she is sensitive and temperamental but with just the right touch she responds oh so sweetly. I will bide my time and wait until someone wants to play with it some evening. The chances of one of my friends being at one of my private home engagements is slim but not impossible. I however still need time to warm up to my SM before showing her power to the outside world. SM is such an intricate and very delicate little lady and she needs to be used sparingly as far as I am concerned.

You See What You Look For.

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
<.....I have just used it for revelations so far,>

meaning I am just pushing the planchette myself with the aid of my 'spirit guide' to reveal a word from a book test or answer a question. Meaning- I have never used the 'Weismann' move in anyones presence yet.

As perfection is approached it recedes,

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Tip: there's a nice presentational idea from Jim Magus in the Spiritus forum.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Received my Spiritus yesterday. Truly an incredible piece of work. As always, it establishes atmosphere immediately. It looks 100 years old, and no one would EVER question that fact. This is truly a story tellers dream tool. An excellent buy, and an excellent product. Thanks Rick!! Smile
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
B.Clay
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of B.Clay
Geez... Placed my order on February 5th and still haven't received a thing. Hope mine wasn't lost in the mail or my order forgotten. Waiting patiently but curious if anyone placed an order AFTER Feb. 5 and has already received their Spiritus? Mysterious indeed!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
We're catching up quick. 90% of the shipped tables were ordered before Feb. 5th

I would say everyone that has posted they received their table on this thread, ordered before Feb. 5th
There might be a couple exceptions due to travel or performance dates.

Between 1/13 and 1/29 we sold 35 tables. Needless to say Karl is still filling those orders but we are just about clear up to Feb.5th

It did slow down after that and we will be getting all of Feb. out in the next week or so, including a good chunk of March and April orders.

It was the unexpected amount of sales in the first 2 weeks that just blew us away time wise Smile

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I'm in the club now. My package arrived today.

I'll sit next to the radio and wait for my instructions to come via secret code from Little Orphan Annie.

Oh, and my wife didn't kill me, so all is good in the world.

Chris

P.S.--Board, bell, planchette, cloth, urn, and runes all look great and as if they were actually used 75 years ago. It is a very nice collection of props!
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Coupl'a questions to you lucky owners if I may...

How well does it work as a standard IMR ouija (ie smooth movement of the planchette on the board) and realistically how many specs could be touching the planchette?

Many thanks Smile
Thamiel
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Thamiel
I have mine, what an exquisite peice of art. I usually have packages delivered to work so I don't miss the courier. Our building is supposedly haunted anyway. My coworkers are used to unusual things arriving, esoteric books and so on. That means they didn't bat an eyelid when I 'received a rare talking board off of ebay, the sellers being unaware of its true value and provenance'. It sat in the boardroom for a day or two, where the spirit bell would occaisonly ring when one particularly supersitious co-worker walked by the room. "Oh my god! You must have heard it that time!" she would exclaim..."Hear what?" I would reply.

I am so evil. My board is now at home preparing to haunt other venues. Great job Outlaw!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Quote:
On 2010-04-28 16:36, Thamiel wrote:
I have mine, what an exquisite peice of art. I usually have packages delivered to work so I don't miss the courier. Our building is supposedly haunted anyway. My coworkers are used to unusual things arriving, esoteric books and so on. That means they didn't bat an eyelid when I 'received a rare talking board off of ebay, the sellers being unaware of its true value and provenance'. It sat in the boardroom for a day or two, where the spirit bell would occaisonly ring when one particularly supersitious co-worker walked by the room. "Oh my god! You must have heard it that time!" she would exclaim..."Hear what?" I would reply.

I am so evil. My board is now at home preparing to haunt other venues. Great job Outlaw!

PERFECT!

J
xxx
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi JonWhite,

When I received mine, the planchette action didn't quite fit my handling preference. But with Rick's helpful suggestions, I buffed some of the "aging" from the top of the board, lightly sanded the stiff glued felt edges of the planchette, and slicked both surfaces with a good-quality furniture paste wax. Now it handles the way I like.

The board and planchette are personal size and can be comfortably operated by one or two sitters at a time.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Many thanks for the info Neil.

:)
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Sold out yet? *wink* *wink*
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I know there are still about 8-10 orders that have not shipped yet. We've shipped over 50 Spiritus out at this point. There are SM in the mail also.

As most of you know a good deal of these hand made tables sold at $375-$400- $425

We had to raise the price a couple times because the SM team, myself included were not making a profit on them.

There are 40 numbers left before we hit the limited edition run of 100 numbered units.

To be brutally honest, it's time my team made a little change off these beautiful custom pieces.

On May 15th the price is going be increased $100.00 over the current price. That includes the planchette and the spirit bell of course.

If you're still waiting all orders already paid for (older and new) will ship by the 15th

We're also catching up on several orders for accessories that were not able to ship with some tables.

For the next 7 days the price stays at where it is.

Thanks guys. You own 1 of only 100 units that will be made.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Roth I am glad you raised the number made to 100. You deserve to make a good profit for what you make. I am sure a number of people will get upset but 100 units is still a tiny number.
By the way what is the ETA on the flash box and candle/matchbox combo?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Magnus (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39~40~41~42~43~44 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL