The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ellis in Wonderland - 70 pages crammed with tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
It's FINALLY finished and available at

http://www.australianmagician.com

Here's the info:

At over 70 pages this ebook is filled with photos and illustrations is based on the hugely popular lecture and hit DVD of the same name.

Featuring detailed teaching of a dozen great tricks:

• Ultimate Blades

- Swallow six sharp blades, each one cuts paper and immediately goes into your mouth, no switching, and then bring them all out again threaded on a piece of string. Tim's method for this classic trick is diabolical AND practical!

"Tim's Ultimate Blades is an excellent method." - Magic Magazine

"...your work on the blades... great stuff, and by far the best routine I've ever seen." - Jeff McBride

• Credit Card Fax

- The photo on your credit card vanishes and reappears on the spectator's credit card! But now you, in the photo, are holding their selected card! Astonishing and original close up that leaves the spectator with a great souvenir.

• Candle Tips

- How to make a candle appear lit.

- How to take a flame from a candle in your bare hand then return it.

• Deckstress

- Your new favourite card trick! Possibly the most commercial card trick ever created. The spectator names any card from a face up spread (4H for example). On the back of the card is written "I knew you would choose the four of hearts".

- Name Deckstress. On the back of the card is written "I knew you would choose the four of hearts David".

- Corporate Deckstress. On the back of the card is written "Xerox knew you would choose the four of hearts".

• Deathslates

- A great piece of bizarre magic perfect for Halloween, haunted houses or seance effects. It uses spirit slates and two decks of cards to create one of the eeriest climaxes to an effect you've ever seen.

• 7 Keys to Paradise

- Finally a practical method for the class '7 Keys to Baldpate' plot. Absolutely foolproof with no gimmicked locks or electronics required. Plus you'll also get some great presentational ideas AND the truth behind the name 'Baldpate'.
• Jazz Cards

- A totally 'hands off' card trick where the magician never touches the card, yet a card chosen by the spectator, in a deck shuffled and cut by the spectator, is FOUND by the spectator! You'll hate the method (it's too easy!) but you'll love doing this trick!

• Cellular Thinking

- Mr Wizard gets an update. A two person telephone code that uses no codes! You can perform this IMMEDIATELY with electronics you already own. Imagine walking into a room, handing someone a business card with a phone number on it, asking them to choose or name ANY card then phone the number. The person on the other end of the line tells them what their card is - and more!

• Cash to Credit Card

- Borrow a bill or three, fold them up and they instantly become a credit card! Can even be done in reverse. Great visual magic!

• Bill to Anything

- Tim's solution to another classic plot. A bill is borrowed, signed, the serial number noted, THEN cut in quarters in full view of the spectators with no switching of pieces. They can see their signature and the correct serial number on the cut bill. Finally, three quarters are burned then found restored inside ANYTHING! Yes, the remaining quarter kept by the spectator fits!

• Shakespeare's Monte

- A Shakespearean patter for the Jumbo Three Card Monte. A beautiful piece for medieval fairs and evenings of classic magic.

---PLUS Bonus articles:---

• What if magicians were like...? (Humour)

• D'News (Humour)

• Magical Glossary (Humour)

• Thumbtip Tips

- Three great ways to end clean.

---BONUS features on:---

• Strolling Magic Openings

- Great ideas that you can use to break into any group with your close up magic. Practical, commercial, and proven methods you'll use straight away.

• Floorshow Tips

- Commercial advice on everything you could possibly want to know about performing a floorshow in virtually any venue. From Lighting, Sound, Video use, Dance Floors, Stages, Dressing Rooms etc. Drawn from over 35 years of experience.

• Magic Magazine Editorial by Tim Ellis - Magic vs the WWE

• Original Patter for the Tim Card Poker Deal by Rolando Santos

• Previews of other Ellis & Webster products.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
TRIED to resist this, but couldn't do it. Waiting for my download link now - Just so I can read the Baldpate Biggers reference before going to sleep.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Couldn't resit either.

Just took a first look - very nice indeed! I like the phone telepathy idea and Bill to Anything will definitely give both a try. But there is still a lot to discover Smile

For over 70 pages the price is also very reasonable

Best regards

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Thanks Stefan,

We try to give good value Smile

And Grandpa Cheet, the book now include your baldpate update! (I'm liking the eBook format)

Just realised I didn't give the direct link to the store (sorry)

http://www.australianmagician.com/store
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of puggo
Just a quickie -
I picked this up the other day, and was going to skim through it. 2 hours later..!
My (condensed) opinion as follows:

Material: Read Tim's post(!), and you will see there is a selection of material from strolling to stand up.

Difficulty: There is nothing here on par with a centre deal or 4 coin edge grip. The work will be in the practice. Take the razor blade or bill to anywhere routine, not technically demanding, but both would require reasonable rehearsal time to ensure that they are the 'effortless' performance pieces that they deserve to be (and to hopefully adapt to your own style etc.).

FASDIU?: Most of the items require set up / prep / a prop, but once that is done, are good to go for several or many performances. There is nothing here that asks you to go out and spend lots of money (phew!).

Real world rating: Should I, as a part timer, pass comment on the work of a very experienced full time pro? Yes! Hey, it's only my opinion! Luckily, (to me)everything here is aimed at being practical & effective in the performance environment the effect has been designed for.

Extras: The articles are funny, entertaining, and informative. Having just done a very tough strolling gig (much drinking, magician not expected), I was interested in Tim's thought on approach, and got me thinking about developing a couple of my own ideas.

Value: Sorry, but I have to say 'excellent'. A rounded product that goes further than 'just' routines.

Constructive cons: Well, at a push (what sort of review doesn't include constructive critique?!), I would have liked to have seen photos rather than drawings, for example in the instruction for the razor routine. The drawings I refer to are sufficient, and there are photos in the e-book. I would have also like to have seen a slightly larger font used, even at the expense of making the document a few pages larger.

Pros: Apart from what I have described already, I also really liked that there are links to videos to see some of Tim's perfomances. The e-book is easy to follow, engaging, and in a logical format.

Final thoughts: Deckstress is a hugely adaptable idea, the Shakespeare monte has helped inspire me with my own 'work in progress' in the hands monte, and....
To sum up, apart from being a good read, this e-book has / will help develop & inspire some of my own routines and thinking. Recommended, and very good value(when's 'Living next door to Ellis coming?).

Charlie
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Thanks Charlie!

We have two more short eBooks coming before '24 Years' ('Runaround Sue' - my cups & balls routine, and Sue-Anne's 'Have You Ever Thought About School Shows'. Both should be out in the next two weeks, then '24 Years' two weeks after that... then a brand new ACAAN card trick! So I have a fair bit of work to do!)

I'm really glad people are enjoying ELLIS IN WONDERLAND.

As the saying goes "If you liked it, please tell your friends!"

Thanks,

TIM ELLIS
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2010-01-14 07:04, Tim Ellis wrote:

As the saying goes "If you liked it, please tell your friends!"

THAT'S what I've been doing wrong! I've been telling my ENEMIES! (slapping self)

*jeep!..and God Bless!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
davidbreth
View Profile
New user
Angeles City, Philippines
69 Posts

Profile of davidbreth
I invested in "Ellis In WonderLand" last night from the Denny and Lee Magic Studio (Baltimore, Maryland) and I will say this... if you are a worker and have chops you will love these notes the effects are solid and I found the practical, ease and thinking behind the routines to be highly valuable.

If you are a beginner and want to be a worker and get chops you NEED these notes.

PS I am now going to incorporate the "Vienna" routine in my parlour act (I really like the flow of the patter)!

--
--
David Breth
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5837 Posts

Profile of motown
What is the Vienna routine?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
It's Shakespearean Patter for the Vienna Magic Jumbo 3 Card Monte. Though it works with any mechanical 3 Card Monte prop... and would most likely work with any 3 Card Monte routine!

Glad you like it David!

I wrote another variation on that routine (3 Card Monte through the ages) which I gave to Andrew Wimhurst years ago... but neither he nor I can find it again!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5837 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Tim. I have the DVD and really enjoyed it. The 7 Keys idea is excellent.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Runaround Sue in PDF will be the next release - hopefully ready next week!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ellis in Wonderland - 70 pages crammed with tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL