The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Subject of E-Mail? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Hey guys,

I have an e-mail ready to go out today to all of the town commitees in my province, so I was just wondering what the subject (or title) of the e-mail should be?

Should I just put Jordan Maloney - Magician?

I really have no clue with this. I just don't want my e-mail to be deleted or thought of as spam or junk mail.

Thanks guys!

Jordan
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
I am not familiar with the events in Canada that are produced by the town committees, but I am assuming that you are targeting fairs and festivals. If that is the case, I would first try to find out who is the chairperson of that particular committee so my email would go to that person. Second, I would put the event name in the subject along with something like "An Entertainment Solution for Your Festival..."

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Nice Jim. I may use that myself.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Great advice Jim!

Lou
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Jim stole my thunder. hehehe

Yes, when targeting a festival event etc, you want to make sure your email gets opened and read. You also have to make sure there are not key words that might 1) make it go to spam and 2) have the decision maker want to delete it.

I usually use an email subject line such as "Entertainment for The Harvest Festival". If I know the name of the event, I will always list it. That way the decision maker knows exactly what it is for and more chance for them to read it and be interested.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
"I just don't want my e-mail to be deleted or thought of as spam or junk mail."

But isn't it???

None of these folks know you, and none of these folks have requested your info.

I would check your provincial regulations re. unsolicited e-mails/electronic mailings.

I think a key factor is that this will look like a generic e-mail. If you sent to a specific person, and with the correct subject, you may be "safe", but I am not sure even at that. (Folks may not report or block you if it is to them, and relevent to their work.)

Faxes and e-mails have really come under fire, so check the laws in your province. Fines can be heavy.

Blair
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Thanks for the help guys!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
gordon russ
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gordon russ
When I send an e-mail to just one client, I like to put the name of the festival in the subject line. Something like: Harvest Festival Family Entertainment Info. If I am doing a mass e-mail to festivals I would put: Festival Entertainment Info. My thinking is that the committee member receiving the e-mail may think that it is important, perhaps from someone else that they already booked. So there is a better chance they open the e-mail. Lately I have been updating my festival data base, I will go to a festivals web site where you can often find the festival mailing address and a e-mail address. It is surprising how often it has changed from the info that I already have.

Gordon Russ
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I completely disagree with Jim. I can imagine that getting instantly deleted. I would more likely put something like Gordon suggested.

I've found a subject line that usually gets a good response is: "Question about..."
With this example, you might want to say, "Question about Harvest Festival."

If you are sending it to the right person it is almost impossible for them not to open an email with this subject line.

Best,
James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Subject of E-Mail? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL