The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Payne's Harry Potter Show -- Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
I had the opportunity to see Payne's Wizard's School show on Saturday.

It was held in a local library, but the room was set with great backdrops, a small table filled with strange looking things including alchemist paraphernalia.

Payne was dressed in a cross between Edwardian and Italian Renaissance costume. Very rich and impressive looking. Before the show even starts there is already a strong visual image.

Payne plays the part of the school professor instructing the incoming class of Muggle children (the audience). Each trick is designed to teach the children something about the magical world. Some of the effects included: The production of several items from a small bag (fire, swords, 10 foot pole, etc); the hostility and subsequent healing of the rift between table gremlins and ball gremlins (Bounce / No Bounce Balls); the selecting a proper wand (various trick wands and multiplying wand) and teaching a transformation spell (vanishing catsup bottle); Care of Dragons (Fire book and Run Dragon Run), Levitation spell (floating table), and explanation of Quiddich (Rings off rope).

Each effect is a full routine. The jokes and bits of business are built into each routine.

All of the effects were either custom made or adapted for the show. You would not see anything that looks like them in any magic catalogue, although they are recognizable.

Payne is one of the few among us who is truly creative. Being around Payne and people like him have made my magic better. The magic he created yesterday was not only the tricks he did, but bringing the children into a magical world for 40 minutes. Great job.

If you live in the Seattle area make sure you catch the show. It will be in library near you throughout the summer. And if you don't like the show they will pay you double your price of admission. So you can't lose.

Smile
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
KRamsay
View Profile
New user
KRamsay
16 Posts

Profile of KRamsay
Jeff,

I agree with your review of Payne's Potter Show. Don't miss it. I also have had the pleasure of seeing Payne perform at our local Renassaince Faire for years. He is definately one of the most creative performers around. He is a true professional and a very nice person.

Keith Ramsay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Payne's Harry Potter Show -- Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL