The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New DVDs from L&L: Michael Close: Devious, Vol 1&2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1349 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I don't know what you guys are talking about.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 12:45, DanHarlan wrote:
Mark--
Ouch! Pretty mean spirited. No offense to Mike Close... his routines are great, but to imply that my material is not audience tested offends me to my core. My latest DVD, HARLAN LIVE (Magic Enhancers), contains the routines which have proven over time to be the most solid in my shows. Yes, there are some items that have appeared on video elsewhere, but even these have been refined into their current versions by repeated performances in the real world. Plus, there are routines which have never been released on video, including "Tightrope" and "Cheez Wiz"... two of my most requested routines (by magicians and laymen alike). Now, I'm no Mike Close, but he is no Dan Harlan... and I daresay he and I could appear on the same program at any venue and thoroughly entertain the crowd equally well. We are both professionals who pride ourselves on well-written, unique material... I just do fewer card tricks, I suppose.
--Dan Harlan

Dan has an edge to his material and performance whereas Mike plays it safe.

I'd rather watch Dan any day of the week and at least he tries to make it up to his customers when he lets them down.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1636 Posts

Profile of Futureal
There's a moral in here somewhere.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
956 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 13:21, markmiller wrote:
Perhaps part of my feelings speak for myself and several others I know personally that have been stung by the unfulfilled promises and money lost on undelivered products from you.

Mark--
Please PM me about what I owe you... also, let the "several others" know to do the same.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 12:50, DanHarlan wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 13:21, markmiller wrote:
Perhaps part of my feelings speak for myself and several others I know personally that have been stung by the unfulfilled promises and money lost on undelivered products from you.

Mark--
Please PM me about what I owe you... also, let the "several others" know to do the same.
--Dan Harlan

Dan cares enough to deal with unhappy customers while Mike just chooses to ignore them.

Nice one Dan for setting the example.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Quote:
On 2010-01-26 17:40, ajb6864 wrote:
BUT, I have have real reservations about supporting someone who treated their customers so shabbily in the past.

Do a search on Michael Close's subscription forum for a flavour of how he treats subscribers.

You wouldn't be supporting him. Close has already been paid for this project and doesn't make a percentage from sales. I'm sure he will sell these on his site as well, but not buying these to protest Close means that the publisher and the dealers will be taking the lose, not Close.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
UK cardician Paul Gordon reviewed one of the tricks on the dvd and said - "how to make a 1 minute oldie card trick turn into the longest and dullest 6 minutes you are ever gonna' see. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1SyVGLgHGs "
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Well considering Paul Gordon hasn't actually seen the DVDs, all he can do is comment about one effect that was the demo on YouTube. Hardly a "review".

I guess I don't understand some of you. If you don't like Michael Close and have no intentions of buying the DVDs, why are you contributing to a thread about the product? A product you've never seen. Are you bored? Have you run out of things to rehearse? No shows to do? Seems to by a frustrating way for some of you to enjoy magic.

Honestly I'm not a fan of card magic, but I've seen the DVDs and there is some excellent material here. He has one of the best presentations for the Magnetic Cards I've seen. I had no interest in Weber & Dill's New World, but Close has a killer presentation for it.

There is a lot to get out of these DVDs. I would hope that those who are encouraged to learn the material would put their own presentations and personalities to the routines and not just be a parrot. I know some of you have a hard time seeing past what is presented in front of you. It's a shame Paul Gordon would make that statement. I guess that just shows his low level of professionalism.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 12:24, Andi Peters wrote:
UK cardician Paul Gordon reviewed one of the tricks on the dvd and said - "how to make a 1 minute oldie card trick turn into the longest and dullest 6 minutes you are ever gonna' see. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1SyVGLgHGs "

Where is Paul Gordon's review?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
I think Andi Peter is stirring s**t because MC and PG fell out years ago...but, so I'm told, made ammends. Paul Gordon hasn't reviewed the DVDs...and can't have; they aren't out!

I just emailed his office and they are angry that he has been misrepresented! As he's not a member here, he can't reply himself.

JP
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 12:24, Andi Peters wrote:

Yowza, the build up to pay off ratio does seem a trifle unbalanced.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
...in fact, Paul Gordan airs ALL his magic views on his blog here: http://paulgordonmagic.blogspot.com/ and there's nothing about Mike Close on there. I'm a "follower" of the blog... JP

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 2:32pm
Sorry to creep in again guys, but I just watched the Mike Close clip. It is friggin long winded...JP
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:09, John Pilotzi wrote:
I think Andi Peter is stirring s**t because MC and PG fell out years ago...but, so I'm told, made ammends. Paul Gordon hasn't reviewed the DVDs...and can't have; they aren't out!

I just emailed his office and they are angry that he has been misrepresented! As he's not a member here, he can't reply himself.

JP

They were Paul's own words from his Facebook page. Everyone who watches the clip seems to agree with Paul so I don't understand how he feels misrepresented.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 16:39, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:09, John Pilotzi wrote:

JP

They were Paul's own words from his Facebook page. Everyone who watches the clip seems to agree with Paul so I don't understand how he feels misrepresented.

Odd and odder. I'm on Paul's Facebook page and NO such comment was made. And, according to Paul (via Facebook) - he doesn't have a "friend" on there called Andi Peters. So, how do you know anyway? I assume Andi Peters ain't your real name! And, if you are a "friend" of Paul's, why are you stirring it? JP
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
The comment was on there this afternoon. It must have been deleted after you contacted his office.

Are you Paul Gordon?
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 17:04, Andi Peters wrote:

Are you Paul Gordon?

Jeez, I wish I was! JP
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I haven't read these posts extensively, but I know these DvDs will be amazing. I've been wondering what Close has been up to over these years.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
The audience for the clip seemed completely engaged with the presentation he was using and appreciated the routine. Remember it's different watching it on PooTube than being there in the flesh. It's only too long if you haven't got the personality to carry it off.

Mike Close has the personality to pull off such presentations. If you don't think you could carry this off then stick to performing D'Lites!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
I have seen much of that is said to be contained on the DVDs in person when Mike worked at the Monte Carlo in Vegas and can vouch for the fact that this is A1 material in every sense.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2550 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Has somebody got a burr up their a**?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New DVDs from L&L: Michael Close: Devious, Vol 1&2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL