The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Holland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Hi there, magical friends!

My name is Frank Verkerk (but you can call me Dutchie or something like that). I'm 46 years of age and from the Netherlands. Besides being a magician, I'm an actor (theatre) and voice-actor (cartoons). I hope to join in any interesting discussion/conversation. I would like to apologise in advance, for any mistake I make in the language, since English is not my native speech. I hope you will forgive me for that and I hope I will be able to express myself well enough to be understood in this beautiful place!

Talk to you soon!

Regards,

(Dutch) Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Welcome to the Café. Enjoy all that you find here-a wealth of information to fit all forms of magic.
Best Wishes
WK
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hi there Dutch.
Welcome to the Café.
Bob.
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Servaas Koomen
Hoi Frank

welcome!

where are you from?
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Hi!

I'm from Mijdrecht (near Vinkeveen, Ut.).

This information is for Servaas,as he is Dutch as well....

I'm Dutch.
Jv
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jv
Welcome 'DutchFrank'!

Enjoy your stay here at TheMagicCafe!

Jv
Guillotine+ASYLUM
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Do you perform?
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
I’m not a professional performing magician.
Long time ago, I used to perform for children (birthday-parties and such).
Due to other obligations I had to stop performing magic. Years later I wanted to pick the magic back up, and I noticed that my hands started to shake as soon as I picked up a deck of cards, for instance. Everything I tried magic-wise caused nervous, trembling hands (even showing a trick to my own wife and kids).

I already was in contact with a few professional magicians, and they advised me to join a Magic Society (call it “therapeutic”).
So, now I am a member of the “Noordhollandse Bond voor Goochelaars (NBG)”, one of the official Magic Societies in Holland. And you know what? The shaking gets less! I’m feeling more secure now.

I don’t know, whether or not I will ever be performing again, but in the meantime it’s a great hobby, and who knows…. maybe one day, I will be back on stage doing magic.

And you, Servaas? Are you a performing pro?

I'm Dutch.
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Actually tonight I have my first proffesional performance, I hope I can get more in the future.

ive started magic this summer, I have been totally hooked ever since. I'm a member of the "Magische Kring Twente"
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Welkom in de Magic Café Dutch! Ik hoop dat you geniet van uw tijd hier. Ik ben Joe uit de US (Oklahoma City)
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Dank je wel, Joe.

Wat goed dat je Nederlands oefent!!

I'm Dutch.
leinadnallareyem
View Profile
New user
Glendora, CA
35 Posts

Profile of leinadnallareyem
Greetings,,,
I am fortunate to have traveled to your country over the years at least 30 times based on my work for my company. We have locations in Leiden, Hazesuade and Alphen. I perform for my pleasure. My friends in Holland have asked me to perform many times during dinner and at bars. It is a nice place to perform closeup. Practice, Practice, Practice builds confidnece. No one is perfect but if you have a old backup trick that you positivly know works you can follow up and regain confidence.
Regards
Leinad
Leinad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Holland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL