The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walkaround Shell Workers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
You can find the shot glass ending on youtube.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Almost all of the 3 shell game videos on youtube end with the shotglass ending as it seems to be THE most popular ending. Four of the best you can see are Whit Hayden, Bob Sheets, Phill Cass, and R.Paul Wilson.
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
Thanks,

I will go watch those right now.

Thanks again,

Metatron
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
You can find my performance of the Kohler routine here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrmoukxD9Gg
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I like it
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Pete...you should never feel bad about "plugging" your stuff when it is great stuff...you are doing the magic community a service when you spread the the word!
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Here's one I've never seen published anywhere. I use it with the Scoundels' Silver Shells.

I finish with two shells, but I've always liked the idea of covering both final shells. So the "empty" shell gets covered with he Scoundrels' shot glass, while the spectator covers the "loaded" shell with a bone china egg cup.

BUT, I've also always liked the double-cover of the "loaded" shell, which I first learned from Gary Ouellet's "Super Shells" (I know it's not original to him, but I don't know the original source). Rather than carry around something even bigger than the egg cup, though, I've added something smaller than the shell:

my wedding band.

So for the final transposition, I drop the ball on the stage and hand the spectator my wedding ring to "drop around the ball." With the right crowd, I'll add that the ring is "designed to discourage wandering, after all." The spectator then places the shell over the ring and the egg cup over the shell. THe normal steal works just fine from this set-up.

Like I said, I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this (i.e., going SMALLER rather than larger), but it's served me well.

Jim
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Most magicianc call the 3 shell game a TRICK. but in reality it is a GAME. threat the game as game and things like shotglass endings are not good. why? because you show the audience that no matter how many covers you can still win. people don't know how you did it but they know you did.

if you show with 3 card monte 3 queens you are telling that you can show a qoeen everywhere no matter what they say.

ask you this question: would a real 3 shell operator use the glass? would the 3 card monte man show 3 queens?

I use as a finale the 3 choices ending. spect.#1 puts his finger on his choice.spect.#2 puts his finger on his choice. that leaves me the last shell, with the pea.
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Robert, you should check out Phil Cass's routine, if you haven't already

He treats it as a game, even keeping track of how much the spectator is losing

HOWEVER, he finishes with the covers and a GREAT bit where, essentially, he tells them they should bet on the actual pea.

In other words, he plays up how impossible the actual location (and by actual, I mean in its final loaded position), and uses the twisted logic that, because this is still a magic trick, that would make a pretty good ending

He really milks it for all it's worth - I've experimented with it in my own voice, as has Curtis Kam, to excellent effect. It becomes, in a sense, the ultimate con. It really plays up the impossibility of the finale, so you get the best of both worlds.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 03:30, Avocat wrote:
Robert, you should check out Phil Cass's routine, if you haven't already

He treats it as a game, even keeping track of how much the spectator is losing

HOWEVER, he finishes with the covers and a GREAT bit where, essentially, he tells them they should bet on the actual pea.

In other words, he plays up how impossible the actual location (and by actual, I mean in its final loaded position), and uses the twisted logic that, because this is still a magic trick, that would make a pretty good ending

He really milks it for all it's worth - I've experimented with it in my own voice, as has Curtis Kam, to excellent effect. It becomes, in a sense, the ultimate con. It really plays up the impossibility of the finale, so you get the best of both worlds.

avocat, I understand your point. I have seen and studied the Cass routine. for me the 3 shell game is a game and magicians make it a trick. it is not a trick is a game. now in a demonstration you can use things like magic, 3 peas etc. but in the real game it is a different matter. I like to play it as a game.

these are those discussions which is not good or not wrong. I like the glenn bishop routine and his use of the shotglass.
hypnospook
View Profile
New user
Scotland
14 Posts

Profile of hypnospook
I like Lennert Greens, shell game, with the scarab shells, so after showing the shell game as a street hustle, I switch shells and finish with the scarabs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walkaround Shell Workers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL