The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Furry Puppet Studios (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Just found these folks on the internet. Has anyone on the Café used them for a puppet creation? Curious what their cost range runs for custom work as compared to Axtell and Pavlov's Puppets.

http://www.furrypuppet.com/

Looks like they have some really unique puppets.

Very curious on the price range $500-$1000?

Thanks,

Bart
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
Went to take a look, but after five seconds when it hadn't loaded any content at all I left.

I think that might be an important lesson to some designers. I hate those flash openings, and I think a lot of consumers do as well.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I emailed them. Haven't heard back yet. I know how to contact them so I am hoping Doug you were using brief sarcasm.

I am wanting to know if any Café member have used their services before.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Brief but not sarcastic. Just fact. If it was my product I certainly would want you to contact me rather than someone not connected. But if they are not answering, that's telling as well.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I did hear back from them today. Have too send the artwork to him once it is final.

Then he can give me a quote. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is reasonable.

If it is too expensive I will have Pavlovs Puppets make my character. I know they are in my price range.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Heard back from them. Must complement their responsiveness.

The initial estimate was $5000 for a custom puppet with clothing.

Wish I could afford that, but Steve Axtell charges $5000 for a custom exclusive puppet. At that price range I would have him personally make mine.

Definitely an upper tier puppet maker. So I am going with Pavlovs Puppets.

Someday I will hopefully have that kind of disposable income to be able to spend that much money on a puppet!!
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 11:13, pixsmith wrote:
Went to take a look, but after five seconds when it hadn't loaded any content at all I left.

I think that might be an important lesson to some designers. I hate those flash openings, and I think a lot of consumers do as well.

Ditto!
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Scott, how much would the same custom approx cost with Pavlov?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2010-01-21 15:24, BIlly James wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 11:13, pixsmith wrote:

Ditto!

I just clicked the little skip button and got right in. I too dislike those long intros.
Great looking puppets. Wish I could afford a mini me.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Custom Puppets with Pavlovs are around $1200.

Different style, but $4000 difference?? I love Pavlov's Puppet!! I have owned as many as 5 of them at one time.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Good News Update. Heard back from Furry Puppets they can build a custom puppet for me in the $2500 price range. I am going to have both of them make a puppet for me. Will post pictures once they are done.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
The custom puppet price for $2500 was only a half body. Love their work, but to get a full body vent puppet expect to pay $5,000 and up.

Big theme seems to be that their puppets are made for HD TV studios. Their work is great and the do offer lots of unique things like silicon teeth and mouth palettes as well as animatronic capabilities as well.

Just beyond my budget.

I decided to go with Sonny Vegas for my custom puppet and I will also be purchasing a standard Big Bad Wolf puppet from Axtell when it is available.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Checkout my puppets. They are very different than what you usually see. All custom - one of kind. You wont have to worry about someone else having the same puppet. I work with foam, fleece and latex. You tell me what you want. I'll draw it up and have you approve the design, if you don't like the drawing, we can adjust it to your liking. My puppets have been adopted all over the world.

http://www.SonnyVegas.com
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Sonny did a GREAT JOB with my puppet. I gave him the artwork and he created a puppet that far exceeded my expectations.

On top of that he is prices are very reasonable!

I can't say enough good things about Sonny Vegas. Anyone looking for a great foam puppet should give him a call.

Bart Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Furry Puppet Studios (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL