The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » 3 Club Head Rolls and Head Spins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

After searching through my various books and the forum archives, I can't seem to find any good advice on how to conduct Head Rolls and Head Spins with clubs.

Does anybody have some good advice or any tips on how to execute these moves?

Just to clarify, by Head Spin I mean the move shown from 1:14 to 1:18 in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4VWwcTZGLs&feature=related

And for a Head Roll, I mean where the club effectively appears to roll head-over-heels over your face from right to left (or vice versa).

If anybody can offer any help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Take care

Mark
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
Ok, I'll try to give an answer.
First of all, the youtube-video is blocked in Germany, I could not watch it.
The one thing, I think is important to say about the head spin: If you balance one club flat on the head, handle to he front, body to the back, and you want to hit it with one of the clubs held in the hand, so the balanced club starts spinning, hit it on the KNOB, not somewhere else on the handle. This is often difficult to see, when you see others perform this trick.
But you probably meant the continuous head spin. I just can describe it, but you probably know, what it's supposed to look like: From cascade, put one club flat on your head, handle to the front, body to the back, and spin it, (spin the body to the direction of the elbow of the arm that holds the club)
I put the club pretty much in the center of my head. Just try, and you will find the right spot. (I know, advice like this is not to helpful, but I have no other means to explain.)

The head spin: there are 3 possibilities, one of which is not recommended. Either catch the club in normal position and bring it to your head with the handle pointing downwards and the body upwards, and roll it over the head. Or you catch the club in normal position, but when bringing the club to the side of your head, turn your wrist, so the back of your hand points to the back, (first finger down, pinkie is the top). This means, you have turned the club, the body points now downwards and the handle up. The body is beneath your ear, and you headroll from there. this makes the roll a little easier, but you have the additional wrist movement. this is the way I do it, but I think, both methods work well.
Do not catch the club on the body-side, to start the headroll with the handle pointing upwards without the wrist turning. This is possible, but the half spins will confuse your juggling pattern.

A complicated explanation in not so good English. Hope, it helps.

Christof
InventorRu
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of InventorRu
A very good and complete answer from ChrisG so as long as he is not offended I would just another very small point.
Working on the tried and tested method of breaking things down in to stages I would do the placement and hit with just two clubs to start with,so you don't have another one in the air to worry about.
Best of luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » 3 Club Head Rolls and Head Spins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL