The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Coney (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Wants the rides up and running this summer.
http://www.ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-c......operator
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
So what will this meen ?
The goal posts regarding Coney Island and its future if any, go up and down like a pair of prostitutes knickers !

Is this a reprieve or what.

Ken.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This is a stop gap measure designed to keep life in Coney Island while long term plans are put into place. Zamperla operated a summer time kiddy park at the skating rink in Central Park. They are a good company and I'm sure they will do well in Coney Island. They build rides, so it is unclear what else they will bring in for the summer. JS#3 has said that he is in talks with Thor about using some of their property this summer. Coney Island will be worth a visit this year to see what is being done there.

I'm working on other projects right now and will wait for the dust settles before looking to Coney Island for an future involvement.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Zamperla of all the ride companies that provide carnival rides 'gets it'. The kiddie rides are top notch in design and fun. This is exciting news to see what they come up with. Count on it being COLORFUL!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Speaking of Coney Island, the Astroland rides are up for sale. Check them out at:

http://www.italintl.com/Astroland-Park-Amusement-Rides.php

Note: There is a Zamperla Convoy for sale in this group.

ROD
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 12:27, Doug Higley wrote:
Zamperla of all the ride companies that provide carnival rides 'gets it'. The kiddie rides are top notch in design and fun. This is exciting news to see what they come up with. Count on it being COLORFUL!

Yep, I'm always impressed by the art work and design of the Zamperla rides. Victorian Gardens in Central Park is really nothing but Kiddie rides but they are fun and look great.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
Count on it being COLORFUL!

Especially if #3 is there!...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
JS#3 will be back. He was in town yesterday and was having a meeting with Thor Equities. I am glad that John is talking directly with the landlord instead of though a "property manager". The plans that John laid out were very good for Coney Island (did I just "John" and "good for Coney Island" in the same sentence?) and one of them involves Amusements of America. If the numbers work out and both A of A and Zamperla show up this summer, then it will be the best thing to happen to Coney Island in a LONG time. A lot of this lays upon Joe Sitt playing nice with people, and that is a big question mark.

Quote:
On 2010-01-28 14:11, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Quote:
Count on it being COLORFUL!

Especially if #3 is there!...
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Thanks for the updates. I'll have to visit and be relieve myself to see if my plaque is still up.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Coney (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL