We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mismade Euros? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1702 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I've searched on the interweb, with no luck. does anyone know how to obtain Mismade Euro notes. or even the uncut sheets to make them?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I think you've got to get them made for you. I'm searching aswell for them since two years and didn't find anything.

Oliver.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
320 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Marc, did you buy one of these?
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1702 Posts

Profile of Ross W
That's very helpful - thanks Marc. Seems like the Germans are the only ones selling sheets? I worked out that a mismade 10 Euro bill would be about €23, and I'd end up with about 40 of them. The 5's are cheaper, but no one really uses 5's much. 10's and 20's are much more common.

One point - I wonder if anyone would notice that the mismade bill was from a different country, what with Euro notes having different things on them depending on the country? They're all pretty darn similar - they don't even have famous heads on them, just buildings and what-not.

Any thoughts? Anyone interested in a mismade German €10?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Hi dedikc and hi Mr. welford,

I have one ( singel 10€ mismade-bill), would like to have a second bill.

I have asked the Deutschebank, maybe I get it cheaper.
Wait for the answer.

See you soon.

marc
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Hello,
I did that before, and I plan to (maybe) do it again.
That is, buy a complete sheet of 10 euros bills and cut it into a bunch of "mismades".

The price of a complete sheet is way higher than the sum of the bills included in it, and you have some loss in the cutting process due to the mismade design. All in all, including shpping and material, the mismades cost me approx 25 euros a piece.
So, in order to pay my time and all the process, I would ask 30 euros a piece (I am talking about mismade 10 euros bills).

It's the kind of project I like. I did it once before with a friend, and finally all the bills sold out. But it took time to reimburse ourselves. So, I wouldn't do it again unless I have at least 30 "pre-sold" bills.

If there are any takers, please let me know through a PM.

Jonathan.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I'll check if other German magic shops still sell the item.

I'll get back to all of you soon.

Oliver.

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 4:40pm
Alright. I've checked all German magic shops with an internet online shop for the item, but none of them has it.
Jonathan, I would be interested to get one or two if you get the chance to make them again with a 10,- € bill.

Oliver.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
I am in with 2 carefully cut 10€ notes!
Best,
T
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I think I'll almost reach my minimum amount of orders in order to make this thing. A few more and we'll be done.

Posted: Feb 22, 2010 12:04pm
OK, here we go. I have enough pre-order to lauch the process. A few bills are still available for orders.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I am in with 1 carefully cut 10€ notes! Again!

Marx
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Marc,
It doesn't seem possible to PM you. Please PM me with your contact infos.
Jonathan.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 9:52am
If all orders are confirmed, only 3 bills remain available at the moment.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
296 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
And then there were 2 ...... Thanks Jonathon!
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Jonathan,

if you ever decide to start the same project using 20 Euro Notes, please let me know! Smile
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Mismade 20€ bills would be more expansive. Each one would cost approx 50€. Which is much money for an object that doesn't differ in essence from a 10€ bill.

The difference is due to the price of the sheet (more exansive than a 10€ bills sheet) and to the size of the bills. There are fewer 20€ bills on a sheet, thus the increase in the value of each of them.

But if you think the difference is worth the price, it is possible of course. But when I see the time it takes to get enough amateurs for a bill that cost 30€, I have serious doubts regarding a bill that costs 50€.

But who knows...

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:20am
The bills have been made, and some are still available.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Hi,
Today I received my 10€. "Yeeeeha!" Smile
Very clean cut!!!

I am very grateful that Jonathan has worked so well.

The weekend will be interesting. Smile
Thank you so much!!! Good good work!

Best
marc
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

I've received my 10,- € mismade bill yesterday. Jonathan has done an excellent job on this one. It looks very neet, clean and was cut very precise. It's worth the 30,- € I've paid.

I would like to mention aswell that Jonathan had shared with us the process of the making of by sending us mails with the situational check points (when he got the sheet, when he received our payments, when he started cutting the sheet and when he send us the bills).

So just to let you know, he's a guy you can trust on what he's doing.

Thank you very much again Jonathan for your great work. I hope you're going to sell the few bills that were left over.

Good luck.

Oliver.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Many thanks for the kind words. I think only one (maybe two)bill(s) is (are) still available.
Thanks to all who trusted me and by doing so allowed me to put up this (little) project.
Jonathan.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
130 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Hi Jonathan... is a mismade 10-euro note still available?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mismade Euros? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL