The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Chinese Sticks Gospel magic - prayer routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The Chinese Sticks or Pom Pom Pole trick is a "standard" or classic amongst the magic community. Many Gospel routines for this trick have been used over the years- let's start a thread on this if we could. I like the idea of posting on The Magic Café' effects that other magicians can easily purchase- then give our ideas and/or routines that can be used with these items for Gospel magicians anywhere. The "Chinese Sticks" have often been used to illustrate the subject of prayer. My "teachy" routine (probably more suitable to a Sunday School or church audience) will be posted by tomorrow night (1-21-2010) to the http://www.ChristianMagician.org web site. Just look to the right of "The Newest Tops" link (below the Now That's Magic! programs) to see my column on this great effect- click on "Chinese Sticks." Feel free to use it or modify it in any way that you'd like.

Sidebar: Great routine by Oz & Wilde on page 25 in the new "The Voice of FCM" magazine (formerly The Christian Conjurer)entitled "A Little Bit Mental." Nice idea too found on page 7 by Randall Munson on how the "Needle Through Balloon" effect can be used to talk about anger.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, Chinese Sticks column still not posted yet, should be shortly, maybe later today I'm hoping. I also got an encouraging email from our NTM! film editor today, he hopes to get to us another completed show by 2-10-2010. Neato! I had no idea per the new Voice of the FCM that the word "conjurer" had such negative connotations- yikes- last time I use that word I guess... Have a great weekend all. We just do "Surprises for the Eye-es" as Duane Laflin puts it, that's the line I borrowed from him and use at the beginning of my goofy show.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Here is a "seed" of an idea I have.....

God WON for us (Red pompom - Christ)
God WRITES in us (White pompom - Paper)
God WALKS with us (Yellow pompom - Courage)
God WORKS through us (Green pompom - Growth)

These are just initial thoughts. Looking forward to seeing this grow.....

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
My Chinese Sticks routine is now posted at http://www.ChristianMagician.org to the lower right of the Newest TOPS box. Thanks MagicBob (again) for doing this!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If you go to the site and you do not see the Chinese Sticks column, go back to the http://www.ChristianMagician.org site again through Internet Explorer or by some other method. Your computer has to "refresh" to the updated site. I have no idea how any of this works. I go to the site through aol.com, it still "goes" to the old site and the latest column does not appear. I go to the same site through the internet explorer on my computer, the updated column on Chinese Sticks does appear. Go figure. Wierd.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1930 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Thanks MagicBus, I will definitely be using this.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Magic Bus (Brother Roger)

I'm a bit late on this thread - but I just found it yesterday and have been running thru the routine. I'm teaching on prayer this morning in my children's service. I think the kids will love it. I'll let you know!

Blessings to you all on this fine Sunday!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Jamie- much appreciate it. Several routines are posted in writing at http://www.ChristianMagician.org I really hope/pray it worked out great! The routine is sure not original with me, my old boss John de Vries (former FCM President)sold "Crosstix" for $10. The routine is found at http://www.fcm.org under the "Members Only" portion where all the back issues of The Christian Conjurer/Voice of FCM can be printed out. John's "Crosstix" routine is in the July, 1971 issue (John is also on the cover), pages 2-4. In the October, 1971 issue, there is a picture of John on stage at the FCM convention assisted by yours truly (page 12)... Ah, memories...
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Brother Roger,

performed the routine 3 times in a row (I do 3 kids services on Sundays). The kids did love it and I got a lot of ooh's and ahh's. Thanks for posting the routine.

I used it to emphasize that we pray to keep a connection with God.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Nice!
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
It's not a gospel routine, but I have a very fun routine with the pom pom pole that I've done at family shows, churches, schools, and libraries. For those of you at the FCM convention this week, you might see it tomorrow night. Brian Foshee, of B. Happie Entertainment, is planning to perform it at the convention. Hope it goes well!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If you ever get the chance, ask Brian Foshee about how he promotes his magic entertainment business on the web. Amazing stuff- wonder if Brian ever put it in a lecture? Met Brian at the FCM convention- he has terrific magical knowledge...
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
I've often thought of using the chinese sticks to illustrate Ezekiel's prophecy in chapter 37... two nations becoming one...
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Chinese Sticks Gospel magic - prayer routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL