The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Leipzig's Cigars From Purse Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Patrick Maloney
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Patrick Maloney
I seen John Carney at the Elks club last year and when he pulled those cigars from that little purse I thought wow what a great effect. He said it was one of Nate Leipzig's favorite effects. I made my cigars out of dowel rods like John said and stained them and they look pretty good, but my cigar purses arrived in the mail the other day and one of them needs to be altered. How should it be done? Also does anyone have any thoughts about this wonderful and seldom seen routine ? I think this is a nice routine for strolling or table hopping.
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
135 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
John published his work on this trick in his book "Secrets" and also on one of his DVDs by the same name.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21787 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is also published in the L&L Publication, Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Lipzig, written by Lewis Ganson. Cigars from Purse, Page 86.

It is kind of hard to suggest about your purse as you did not post a reference or Picture of your purse. There are many types of small purses that will work with this routine.

I do know there is even a very small purse a manufacturer made for this effect, it is very small and narrow. I think it is the same person who makes the wooden cigars and cigarettes.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
That would be John Rogers.

http://www.woodencigars.com/purse.html
Sammy J. Teague
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-11-07 12:06, Sammy J. wrote:
That would be John Rogers.

http://www.woodencigars.com/purse.html

I like how he suggested the use of a roll of lifesavers, instead of a cigar. That may be something that would work for my strolling performances.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13336 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2010-01-20 18:19, Patrick Maloney wrote:
I seen John Carney at the Elks club last year and when he pulled those cigars from that little purse I thought wow what a great effect. He said it was one of Nate Leipzig's favorite effects. I made my cigars out of dowel rods like John said and stained them and they look pretty good, but my cigar purses arrived in the mail the other day and one of them needs to be altered. How should it be done? Also does anyone have any thoughts about this wonderful and seldom seen routine ? I think this is a nice routine for strolling or table hopping.

We've altered many a purse for many a cigar worker. If you're interested in having it done professionally, let me know.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3167 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Leipzig's Cigars From Purse Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL