The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Working Alone DVD by Danny Archer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Does anyone have this that can do a review or make a comment? It was first released on VHS and now is on DVD.

The blurb:

Fully Constructed Stand-Up and Close-Up Routines

Danny Archer's acclaimed Working Alone Lecture filmed live!
Over 90 Minutes Of Audience Tested Magic

Danny Archer's marketed tricks are best sellers world-wide. These all-new effects from his lecture are fully explained. Danny uses simple props with devastating results. Here's what you will learn:

Stand-Up Routines

* Balls - Balls appear, vanish and change color in a fast paced routine.
* Triple Threat - A non-gimmicked version of Mental Epic, no playing cards or blackboard needed!
* Par For The Course - Predict the score for an imaginary round of golf!
* Magic Jeopardy - A lock and key stunner with lots of comedy
* Archer Shuffle - A false riffle shuffle that's incredibly deceptive, yet easy to do!
* Outfoxed - A miracle! You reveal five mentally selected cards with no sleights or memorization!

Close-Up Routines

* Play It By Ear - An impromptu routine. Anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
* Lost and Smelled - You "sniff" out the selection even after they shuffle the deck!
* Barrel of Fun - A marked coin in nest routine, but everything is examinable and there are no shuttle passes!
~Joe
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I've got the old VHS. I liked watching Danny perform. He's very entertaining. As for the effects, I didn't like the Ball routine . . . I don't like Flurry style routines.

Triple threat was decent . . .

I REALLY liked par for the course. That's just an all around solid routine.

I also really like magic jeopardy. The method is super sneaky and applicable for other things.

The Archer Shuffle is good, but I haven't mastered it.

Outfoxed is pretty solid.

I don't like Play it by ear . . . it's the pen behind the ear bit, with a "kicker" that I didn't care for.

Lost and smelled is really just a presentational piece for a card revelation. It's actually not bad. 6 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Barrel of fun . . . not so much. It's cute, but I felt that the climax was weak because the spectator has to dig through a pile of coins to find his to prove that it was in the next of boxes (or in this case . . . barrels).

I'd probably rate the whole thing a 5 or 6 on a scale from 1 to 10. However, the golf trick (Par for the course) is probably worth the price of the tape.

Hope that helps.

Shameless plug - check out my other reviews: Gems and Rubble.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Jeff, thanks for being a straight shooter and doing fair and honest reviews. I went to Youtube and found some of the routines and they didn't look like I'd want to spend $30 on this.
~Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Working Alone DVD by Danny Archer (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL