The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Is Anyone There (with Michael Caine) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The name of the Michael Caine movie is... "Is Anyone There". Superb (yet little known) movie. Very touching (actually heart-wrenching)look into the life of an aging Magician who moves slowly into Dementia, while befriending a young boy who is fascinated with this man's magic and with ghosts.

Very well acted. British touch.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
On Jan 21, 2010 11:54am, "tommeepickles" said:

"...Just an FYI, I looked up Is Anyone There on netflix and it's on streaming. I plan on watching it this weekend."
Jonathan
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Beautiful movie. Saw it in Los Angeles when it came out, just rented it from Netflix so I could share it with my wife. Absolutely stunning coverage of the movie in May 2009 Genii.

Michael Caine is, in my opinion, today's finest working actor. Not one false acting move in the movie.

The film is a wonderful, family drama. Bring a box of tissues with you. If you don't weep during the movie, go visit a doctor. You might have died.

Abe
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
722 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Great movie! I sure hope the Academy recognizes the "work" that Michael Caine did on this movie.

Charlie
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
It is in my streaming list but as I have 2 jobs ( LPN working with, among others ,Dementia and Alzheimers patients)
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Streaming might be the way to go, but I rented it for $3.50

Very worthwhile. Well done, Touching, Insightful... but I've already said all this above.

Jonathan
Jonathan
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
According to Bill Milner (his young co-star) Michael Caine never talked down to him and treated him like any grown-up professional. Now, granted, Bill is a terrific young actor on his own, but I believe that the way Mr. Caine handled him had a great influence as well.

Some magicians could take a leaf out of Caine's book. Treat kids right and you get it back a thousand times.

:)
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
163 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I had a good time watching the movie. It kept good pace and had some great quirky moments. The quality from Netflix streaming was great in HD. I don't want to give anything away so I will just say it's a great movie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Is Anyone There (with Michael Caine) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL