The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fears (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2010-01-22 19:36, Kameron Messmer wrote:

True... but then I have to buy one to practice with...i know I can probably use it for something else... then my wife will expect me to do work on the house...

Good point!...scrap the Ladder......
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
Here's a question, any jokes to go along with the phobia theme. Ive thought of maybe doing something with a fear of something stupid, i.e. flowers, books, numbers, etc
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Depending how sinister you onstage persona is, you might be able to get away with:

"I sleep with a night light on. Not because I'm afraid of the dark...but because the dark is afraid of ME!"
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Isn't that a Chuck Norris line?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, the joke was originally about Chuck Norris, but the scariest thing about him these days is that bad rug he wears on his head. Of course, I ain't gonna tell him that.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Rodney Dangerfield put it this way.......My wife drives me crazy..She told me she was afraid of the dark...Then she saw me naked....now she's afraid of the LIGHT hahahaha

Calliope Rod
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
It looks like most of the major phobias have been mentioned but may I add a few more?
Fear of heights - Levitation maybe? Or add a suspension stunt for a big finish? (and no not the hook in flesh type suspension)

Fear of water?

Fear of your mother in law?

Note all the above go well with escape acts... especially the last one!

Good luck!
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
In summation at the end of the show you could always leave them with the idea of Phobophobia - The fear of fear itself.

and there's always Hobophobia - fear of homeless train hoppers that eat cans of beans (just kidding about that one).
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
Sylver: The funny thing is I LOVE my mother in law. and not just tolerate her, we hang out with her more than anyone else. and it is often my idea. We watch movies, go to dinner. but the audience doesn't know that.... hmmmm
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Mine works for the "Scottish Tourist Board"

Swimming up and down Loch Ness !
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Quote:
On 2010-01-25 10:56, Kameron Messmer wrote:
Sylver: The funny thing is I LOVE my mother in law. and not just tolerate her, we hang out with her more than anyone else. and it is often my idea. We watch movies, go to dinner. but the audience doesn't know that.... hmmmm

Good...Then she will understand when you make mother in law jokes.
Try it with a truly hostile one...Not so good.
G
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
My mother in law said" SO YOU WANT TO BECOME MY SON IN LAW HUH? and I said , "NOT EXACTLY...I JUST WANT TO MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER." I like Thanksgiving ...it the only time and day that I can give my mother in law THE BIRD hahah

Calliope Rod
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fears (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL