We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Abbott's "Fruitee Juicee" Club Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Although it wasn't made available too long in the late 40's and early '50s, did anyone out there own this outfit?
I'm trying to acquire the original instructions for same.
Thanks
wk
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Have you contacted Abbott's?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
No, not yet. Think they'd have some available?
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have no idea, but that's where I'd start looking.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have seen a couple over the years. Using orange juice (an acid) in a chrome plated prop is not going to help its life any.

I agree with Michael. Start with Abbotts.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Abbotts has a new program going called "Retro Abbotts" and its all about making discontinued magic props and they supply the instructions for the props so its possible someone at Abbotts may be able to help. Drop them an email greg@abbottmagic.com
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Tell us more about Retro Abbotts.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Retro Abbotts is a project where products that have not been produced in years (sometimes decades) are being re-introduced. Several have been made already including Sonic Cleaning Chamber, Neonistic Silk fountain, Asrah in Miniature, and Sacrificial Cremation.

Others that they are looking into are Bathing Beauty and Coke of Plenty (coke of plenty was stopped because they no longer could get the old fashion coke bottles, now they are plentiful again).

If you have something in mind let us know, its a fun project.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I'll have to look through some old Abbott's catalogs!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Got the instructions, finally. The premise for the effect is basically a "Juice-a-matic" Jake Lalane pitch, using lemons and oranges.
It fit in to the early 1950s love of new kitchen gadgets that was making housewives work easier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Abbott's "Fruitee Juicee" Club Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL