The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New demo video! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical John!
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Magical John!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQ7VbWB104
Hey all, just got my video uploaded. I appreciate feedback, but please: no self-proclaimed experts telling me "how it is." If you're going to make a suggestion, please do so as an idea for the next one.
Thanks!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3147 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I enjoyed it.Alot going on,comedy-high school the longest 5 years,very good. Stilts,stage magic,kids assisting. This says it all in under 3 mins.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
I like that you care about your clients floor enough to drop the bowling ball on a board! I know nothing about video, but I liked it!
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Nice job.
these are just some thoughts I make no claim at being an expert nor claim that I know best. however that being said I do have lots of experience feel free to go to my site and watch some of my videos.

think about a different font for the text in the video I found it hard to read and you want it easy to read.

do you perform any big stuff I saw the silk fountain to bottle and that was good but in the future you might want to have them zoom in a bit to help you POP on the video while holding all that color and then a nice production.

if you have some thing bigger maybe show a portion of that. or maybe a little more of the bowling ball production.

one intereseting point I am a full time deaf illusionist and I where hearing aids. I was surprised that I was actually able to understand a lot of the voice over so keep that voice in the future as well.
I survive on lip reading and sign language and once in a blue moon I hear a voice that actuly comes through my hearing aids realtivly clear.

anyway keep up the good work

just my thoughts

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Magical John!
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Magical John!
Thanks for all the feedback!
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Hey John, First off nice job! I will tell you a couple of things that could be corrected though and I realize that they are things you may already be aware of as often we have to use what we have on hand when it comes to footage framing and audio/video quality.

The clip mentioned above regarding you making the joke about being in school for 5 years is shot too wide (as most of the stage shots are in your video), the audio is not clear (you might invest in a direct feed wireless mic) and I did not hear any laughter after the punch-line. The joke about the trapdoor also had the same issues. The close-up shots conversely are a little too tight in many clips as we see more of the card being turned over and not enough of the reaction by the spectators. No one cares about the identity of the card (we didn't know what card was supposed to be turned over in the first place) so make it more about their reaction! I realize this is tough to get camera people to know what to capture and I battle with the same issues all the time. I am just being hyper critical so that you can show your videographer what to improve upon in the future and of course this is only my opinion.

Overall I think it is great though and I really like the structure, the voice-over and the graphics. It has good energy, movement and flow and comes across very professional. To be honest I had low expectations before I clicked on it and was pleasantly surprised.

I hope this helps and keep working hard as I know how much effort these videos are. Feel free to check out mine also and you will know that I can sympathize with the quest for making the "perfect video" (and yes I am also searching for the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause : )

Best regards,

Keir
http://www.LifeIsMagical.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New demo video! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL