The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Friendly Fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Everyone!

We are thrilled to announce the publication of FRIENDLY FIRE. This is AVAILABLE NOW FOR PRE-ORDER at just $15.00.

The pdf will be delivered to you on JAN 31, 2010. On this date, the price will rise to $20.00. SO ORDER NOW at http://www.wowbound.com and save. Here are the details:

“Almost 30 effects, routines and flourishes from New Directions Magazine (1985-87)!
An Amazing List of Contributors!”

What exciting times these were. The MASTERS like Marlo, Andrus, and Lorayne where at the top of their game and the NEW FACES like Sankey, Sanders and Harkey were just emerging. And, NEW DIRECTIONS captured a lovely slice of these changing times. We've even got Mike Gallo's ORIGINAL NO GAFF REVERSE MATRIX! Do you remember the excitement and torrent of creativity that spurned? Exciting CARD, COIN and DICE magic awaits you inside. Full routines, flourishes and handlings across a whole range of interests! Contributors include: Jerry Andrus, Ian Baxter, Sixten Beme, Steve Dusheck, Mike Gallo, Ron Hadley, David Harkey, Harry Lorayne, Ed Marlo, Jon Racherbaumer, Jay Sankey, Richard Sanders and more!

ENJOY AND EXPLORE

A bundle of EARLY Jay Sankey items ( 4 effects, 2 essays)
A stunning item from (the then) new kid on the block: David Harkey
Mike Gallo's Original No Gaff Reverse Matrix
Creative card material from Lorayne, Marlo, and Racherbaumer
Novel and creative magic from Sixten Beme and Steve Dusheck

Illustrated with both original illustrations and new photographs.
Includes rare performer photographs of many contributors.

JERRY ANDRUS
Bizarre Shuffle
A very strange shuffling procedure that is both mystifying and very funny. In Jerry’s hands this was liquid and smooth.

IAN BAXTER
CrackerJack Stack
A multi-phase die-stacking routine with a mentalism twist and a striking vanish of FIVE dice!

SIXTEN BEME
Clean Guillotine
A method for chopping off the tip of the finger that will fool anyone, magicians included.

STEVE DUSHECK
Quandary
Is it a silver coin or a copper coin? Neither, it’s pure gold! A real worker’s routine that Steve has been using for decades!

MIKE GALLO
Original, No Gaff, Reverse Matrix
Mike Gallo’s now famous version of the Reverse Matrix. Inspired by Gertner’s classic, Mike eliminated any extras. Seriously, JUST 4 coins, and four cards are used. This is a lesson in direct and powerful coin work.

RON HADLEY
Flipping Triumph
Ron cleverly applies a Looy Simonoff move to the Triumph Plot resulting in a stunningly tight routine. Neat and sweet.

Matchbox Load
A beautiful approach to secretly loading a coin (or folded card) into a matchbox. This is straight from Ron’s pro performances from the mid 1980s.

Two Quick Routines
Two approaches allowing you to put Ron’s wonderful loading technique to use.

Spread-action Palm
Ron applies some “Marlo-esque” thought to Harry Lorayne’s take on Le Paul’s Spread Pass.

DAVID HARKEY
Heat Vision
In 1987 David was a new kid on the block and I was thrilled to be able to publish his revolutionary material in both New Directions, and later, Simplicities. Here is his amazing “Heat Vision” Routine!

HARRY LORAYNE
Simple Lie Detector
A special treat here. I was to contributed to Harry’s magazine and books over the years, and to have him return the favor with a contribution to my little magazine was a thrill indeed. This is a simple, but effective, Lie Detector Routine. Presented, of course, in Harry’s own words.

ED MARLO
Olram’s Hallucination
The origin of the ’effect’ per se, can be found in The Jinx No 1, October 1934. It was an EDDIE CLEVER concept. The method to be described here eliminates the Second Deal and the Palm. A modified gimmick is used, and the deck is encased by elastic bands. Also, the three selected cards are produced from different pockets. Five NON-GAFFED handlings then follow.

The Upward Kick
Ed takes on Ben’s notoriously tricky “SuperFlip” flourish and makes it a whole lot easier. Not to stop there, Ed then teaches 3 effects with the move!

Flexible Bottom Lift
A flexible multiple lift technique that works off the BOTTOM of the deck.

DANIEL McCARTHY
Spectator Cuts The Aces
Based on Marlo’s “A Problem Posed” (36th method, New Tops, March 1962) this lovely handling convincingly allows four GENUINE cuts.

Dr. BILL NAGLER
Ultimate Aces
Bill describes an easy and effective Ace Cutting Routine with a surprise finish. The method is novel—it uses a Devano Deck.

JON RACHERBAUMER
Shaded Cards To Pockets
A novel look at this plot taking cues from Duffie and Marlo. Two cards repeatedly fly to two different pockets.

JAY SANKEY
Back Spin Special
This created a massive amount of interest when originally published in 1986. A coin is “back-spun” across the table and it magically cuts the deck—locating a previous selection.

JAY SANKEY/BEN Harris
De-Crease
This startling Torn & Restored Card handling grew out of a week-long session at a magic convention in Nashville. Highly visual, crease free, and with a great “sound”.

JAY SANKEY
Geller Card
The precursor to Ben’s gaffed card version (1988). This non-gimmicked card bending “moment” is completely hands free, and requires careful “timing” more than any great skill.

JAY SANKEY/RICHARD SANDERS
One For Fifty One
An ENTIRE DECK and a single card magically transpose under the most-visually compelling conditions. Mind-boggling, and a sign of what was to come from the young Sankey/Sanders team.
ESSAYS

Finn Jon
Magic/Photogrphy/Chess

Jay Sankey
A Look At The Willing Suspension of Disbelief
The Value of Material Fiction

Craige McComb Snader., Jr
Miracle Workers Unite

140 PAGES, Illustrated
File Type: PDF
$15.00 PRE-ORDER (Delivery Jan 31) Price rises to $20.00 AFTER Jan 31.

Order NOW at http://www.wowbound.com
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
zmakingmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Burbank, California
119 Posts

Profile of zmakingmagic
This looks great Ben!! I'm particularly interested in Marlo's take on your SuperFlip move(which I love and use all the time).
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Glad I joined the Backstory Project.

This sounds great.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Yes,

All BackStory Members receive this on Jan 31.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Ben, what is the difficulty level of the routines included in this book, I am kind of novice and some of the names are associated with very good card skills...

Thank you
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Pablo,

The material, for the most part would be considered intermediate to advanced, I guess. Often, it may be assumed you are aware of certain moves, passes, techniques, etc.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
We are at the editor's and on time. Pre orders close soon, so don't miss out.

At just $15.00 this is a bargain. A full refund is available (less paypal fees) if you are not happy for any reason.

Cheers

Benny
http://www.wowbound.com
+ WOWBOUND.COM
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
69 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Looking forward to it.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
A final checking today (my editor has done his job!) and then this is ready. Man, the 1980's was an exciting time. Lot's of wonderful memories and exciting magic.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
808 Posts

Profile of andykean
More great value from the back story. Glad I signed up at the start - bargain!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Andy,

It was so much fun putting this all together. I even came across a packet of original photos that Ed Marlo had sent in 1986. He had a Polaroid Camera that also applied a "screen" to the photos making them print ready. I don't know if such a thing is still available?

Thanks for you support of BackStory.

Cheers

Benny
PS: The price for Friendly Fire goes from $15 to $20 tomorrow. So it's still not too late to grab the pre-pub price, if you do it now!
http://www.wowbound.com
+ WOWBOUND.COM
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Ben

Just picked this up and am delighted with both the quality and variety of this ebook's contents. The list of contributors is as strong as I've seen in any book, and what they each have to offer is top notch. At over 140 pages, this is a real bargain.

Best Wishes.

Peter
Alternative Magic
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Great stuff! Thanks Benny!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Scott,

Thanks, man.

For some reason, this is not interesting anyone. Can't work it out.

The pro's are appreciating the material: Harry Lorayne just emailed to say he enjoyed it. Marc Spelmann in the U.K. is loving Ron Hadley's MatchBox Load, and Gregory Wilson is grooving on the Spread Pass. This is good, solid and creative material.

Yet, our regular customer base seems totally uninterested! Do you think the material could be TOO DIFFICULT (or "appear" to be too difficult) for many of today's magicians?

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is a fantastic book. Again perfect quality from Mr Harris. The effect are pure quality and of course, the names should speak for themselves. The price is pure gold and this one is not one to miss. In depth, quality, varieties and gold magic effects for a brilliant price. Recommended guys!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Benny, I was very interested on the ebook because of the names and also on the $15 offer, very inexpensive, but at the same time I was worry about the level of skills needed for the routines, I personally associate some of the names with difficult slegight of hand. Your reply to my question was intermediate to advance and that make me desist from buying. I went to your website several times trying to convince myself that I should buy it anyway, but I get frustrated when I can not do any of the moves or it will take a lot of practice...

Maybe an idea could be to have 1 or 2 pages of the ebook available on your website, so people can see and read the photos and explanations as examples for the book?

pablo
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Pablo,

Tell you what. Download the Friendly Fire pdf and spend a few days with it. We call this our WEEKEND READER program. If on Monday, you decide it was not suitable for you, then just email me and ask for a refund. You will be refunded (less any paypal fees). Simple as that. No questions asked, but we would like a brief explanation just for our records.

How does that sound?

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Benny, thank you for your offer, I will take it and download the book tonight

Pablo
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Benny,

I don't know if it's an issue of difficulty. I don't know what it is. Perhaps it's the fact that you mentioned it comes from a couple of decades ago--a lot of the new guys seem to assume that nothing pre-2000 is any good, and it must be "dated".

I LOVE this ebook! There is a TON of useful, practical, real-world material in it. The bang for the buck ratio makes it one of the best deals in ebooks out there, IMO. I do have to admit, though, that part of me hopes it doesn't catch on, so we few will have this material to ourselves.

I, too, absolutely LOVE the one-hand matchbox load. I love everything about it: the motivation, the cover, the removal of the match. It is simply brilliant thinking, and it's going straight into my repertoire.

The Marlo stuff on the Hallucination effect inspired me to come with my own version and my own method (non-gaffed), that I perform as a sobriety test--I call it "Designated Driver".

I thought that Sixten Beme's thinking behind the finger guillotine thing was very clever. There's a routine from Steve Dusheck, who almost never publishes anything anymore.

Mike Gallo's Reverse Matrix might seem like old hat to the kids, but it is great to study the groundbreaking work that has spawned kajillions of versions.

In addition to the matchbox load, Hadley's Triumph thing with the flippant move is VERY cool.

Lorayne's Lie Detector is a great routine and much easier to do than a lot of the work in this genre.

Then there's the Sankey stuff. Worth the asking price all by itself.

And there's a BUNCH of other stuff I haven't even mentioned!

Now, guys, I know this sounds like a sales ad or a plug for a buddy. But I assure you, Ben and I have never met. While I am very familiar with his work, he wouldn't know me from Adam if we met on the street (although he would like be stunned by my exceptional personal magnetism and sheer physical attractiveness!). I am in no way involved with this or any other Ben Harris project. I just think this is a great ebook with wonderful material, and I honestly believe that his subscription deal is one of the very best deals in magic.

Period.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Friendly Fire (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL