The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Jest Kidding / Sheldon Rhodes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Sheldon's website sells lecture notes and books, available for download. This week he informed me someone was going around at a conference telling people that he had stolen the authors material without their permission. Please help to stop this rumor. All the books on his site are their with the authors permission. Nothing has been stolen. It is frustrating that rumors like this surface when there is no foundation to them. If someone has a beef we need to take it to the source and ask, don't spread rumors. It bothers me because I have known Sheldon for years and he doesn't steal. It is not in his character. So if you run into anyone who says anything like this, please help to put this rumor to rest. I work with Sheldon on this project and we ask for permission first and if it is declined, we respect the authors wishes.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Are you kidding me? Sheldon is a top notch, first class, giving, and professional Gospel magician, juggler and puppeter. I once expressed an interest in a topic- Sheldon sent me free (without my asking) a ton of great materials that he knew I would enjoy. When I produced More Than Magic!, Sheldon spent a lot of his own time and money to be our first guest (of course, we paid him nothing). Just a great Christian- upsets me that the "someone" did not contact Sheldon first before gossiping about him. Sheldon is a good, kind and dedicated promoter and sharer of Gospel magic and related ideas (and he has lots of his own original stuff!), along with being a fine child evangelist- one of my role models for sure. I saw Sheldon once capitivate a huge audience/auditorioum of loud rowdy kids -- it was one of the best kids Gospel magic shows I have ever witnessed. Thanks for letting us know about this- I will be on the lookout too. Disunity, gossip and grumbling can kill any company or organization (or friendships)just about as fast as an atom bomb or and appearing cane (or my favorite, as fast as an Abbott's vanishing bird cage).
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Thanks Roger
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Sheldon is probably the most ethical guys in the biz. Keep selling the stuff and I'll keep buying it!

I'll happily spread the word and defend his honor - even if it means inflicting really bad jokes... or a kind "knock it off" Blessings!

BTW - Did you guys ever get my stuff up on the site?
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
We never put any of your material as we didn't have permission or copies of it. Contact me or Sheldon and let us know what we can do to get things going.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Want to see Sheldon in action? Go to http://www.ChristianMagician.org Then go to the bottom of the screen, click on More Than Magic!, show #1. Sheldon is our FIRST performer ever on the entire series (now 13 shows posted there, another brand new one to posted in the next two months we hope). We all wanted the Michigan FCMer Jest Kidding Sheldon to be our first one to appear--- and if we ever close the series out--- we may ask him to be the last one on the series too. A real pleasure to work with. Hope to see you all at the FCM 2010 convention in Marion!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Jest Kidding / Sheldon Rhodes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL