The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flash paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
The Magic Café has a forum dedicated to Fire Magic: "Up in Smoke"
Tons of great info on the sticky threads and FAQs here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=20&7643

The stuff is volatile, dangerous, can cause burns, and start fires. You need to be very careful and concerned with safety. You also need to be completely aware re: the laws and regulations about using.

I use flash paper, cotton, and sparkle effect in my show now for five years. Feel free to PM me with questions or post em in the "Up in Smoke" forum.

This year I replaced one of my flashes with Cressey Coils and actually got a better reaction from the audience than I do from the fire effect AND it is sooo much safer and easier to pull off. Just saying!
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
Get "in a Flash" by Jay Sankey
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
I second Sankey... good flash stuff for all sorts of purposes.
FrenchFryNecromancer
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of FrenchFryNecromancer
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 23:11, macca_accam wrote:
I've played with 'Warning' ( http://kostyamagic.com/products/warning.php )a fair bit and I have to say that holding it in the corner with wet fingertips didn't burn at all, just ended up holding the corner like you mentioned. Check out Jay Sankey's 'In a Flash' its quite an easy and great way to use those small flash paper pieces.

Funny you mention that. This is the very effect I was practicing and watching the DVD for. The interesting thing is that when I watch Kostya holding the flash paper in the video and lighting it..... it appears as if his flash paper burns much more quickly than the printed flash paper I received burns. I think perhaps this is why I am burning my fingers.

Maybe my flash paper was in storage for a while and is old? Not too sure what to think on this... except that every time I perform it or practice it I end up having to drop the paper at the end.
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
@FrenchFry - I find my papers burn considerably slower than in the demo video also and that's for both the original effect and the refill pack I bought. Which type of reveal are you working on? I ended up having to put it in slow motion to watch his finger movements closely for timing tips etc and then modify them to suit the speed that my papers burn. Let me know what your working on and I'll see if I can help.

Cheers - Jason.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Different suppliers also have different qualities of FP. It may be old - or it may be the supplier, but yes if it burns slow it will hurt more.

Try a different supplier.
Susan Fan
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Susan Fan
Yes£¬ flash paper is very dangerous, I saled flash paper to many magic shop, every time I have to wet the product for shopping. Flash cotton burnt super fast,even I burnt the flash paper, I dare not hold them in my hand. Flash paper the size is 20*25 and 20*50, they can make into many flash pad, but flash pad is very convenient to carry. But what size of flash paper you want to buy is depend on your owe opinions.Here is our website http://www.redcornermagic.com We are manufacturer of flash paper, flash product supplier form China.

Susan

susan@redcornermagic.com
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
An easy effect with flash paper is using it with a device like pyro perception, branded, or third degree burn. force your card, have the spec write it down on the flash paper.... burn.... produce your blister effect.
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
I have to agree with Shadowman. In a Flash by Jay Sankey is a great effect and a superb use of flash paper. The audience loves it!

Peter
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
324 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
A question for the room...I just received Sankeys, in a flash BUT the instructional link that I have is NOT working can anyone help? I wrote to Sankey but as you know they are pretty slow to respond...I even wrote to Penguin asking them to open a package and send me the link...HELP!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flash paper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL