The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Re: glass with smoke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
What type of fuel should I use for a glass of smoke?
Do I just toss a match into the glass?

Thanks,

Martini
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Glycerine and Potassium Permanganate

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/foru......05467831

Some of the old school magic books DANGEROUSLY mention Hydrochloric Acid. The vapor from that acid can fry lungs.

You just need a pinch of Potassium Permang. in a small sperm like paper holder. That sperm holder can be pinched between two fingers.

The Glycerine is already in the glass.

My advice don't BE A DUMBASS. Read and watch the youtube videos. Wear safety glasses. Figure out the correct mixture. Only a very small amount is needed to perform the effect.

The Potassium is available online and in swimming pool cleaning supplies. Glycerine is available in enema kits. Its the main ingredient in some of the bowel cleaners.

G0thike
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks, I have both of these chemicals, but I thought that there was an easier method - perhaps, Mehdi's method? Something that gets faster results?

Martini
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Martini,

I prefer Mehdi's method, I just use extra glycerine. The extra glycerine will penetrate the paper quicker.

Another version would be a electrical system but then it won't look as clean looking. The electrical glasses have an opaque bottom with electronics that just yells I have something funky.

Using glycerine or enema juice, allows you to show the glass empty since the glycerine blends into the glass since its clear.

Just my 2 cents.

G0THIKE
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Medhi's method is potassuim and glycerine. But I have tried it a few times with no results! Is there different kinds of glycerine to use?
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks.

Swann are you using potassium permanganate?

Martini
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
Using these two chemicals what are the health issues to watch out for? Are these two chemicals when mixed likely to knock out half the audience?

Dan
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Yes I am using potassium permanganate.
Magician Toronto
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magician Toronto
Is there a marketed effect out right now of the self lighting matches? And if so where can I get it? Thx

http://www.magiciantoronto.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Re: glass with smoke (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL